Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2021, 02:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2013 Tour Rear Tail Lights

Last week, I wanted to replace my rear tail lights with LED bulbs but when I went to replace them, I noticed the tail lights looked similar to a SUV I had years ago. In fact, they're directly off of a 2007-2014 Chevy Tahoe Suburban / GMC Yukon XL Denali.

Learning this, I took to Amazon to order a set and test fit -- sure enough, they were a match. Removing the tail lights was simple using small nut driver on an extension, remove the two bolts holding the lights in place (2 per light) and slide them horizontally away from the center of the vehicle. There's a small flat flange that tucks in on the back side that needs to be cleared before pulling backwards.

When replacing the lights, it may be necessary to clip the end connection off and wire the new light up using like to like colors on the cables.

The result is a quick and easy update to the rear end.

A link to the Amazon tail lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
markr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

HI.... I have a 2014 Tour and the rear lower left running light is out.....brake, turn and emergency light work..just the running light. You mentioned above removing two bolts to each light... so it would be 2 for the lower left and 2 for the upper left? I can't see an upper bolt on the lower left cover.. only a dark hole... assuming the bolt is there... but I can't get to it as the cover too tight... the cover has an cut out to allow access to the lower bolt... . is there a special way to access it?
DrmCatcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights