Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2019, 07:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2012 Winnebago Aspect 28t- power to tv’s-DVD player

I can get main power board on, outside and bedroom tv have power, main tv in galley no power. GFCI is good and no signal to outside and bedroom tv,just snow
Pwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Looked at the drawings for that model and still not enough info!!
There are a couple different options but on either, I would guess that there are actually two different questions unless somebody has changed some wiring. The power should be a separate issue and then getting signal to the TV may be a coax wire or switch that needs to be checked.
Let start with the power first?
Do you know if you have and inverter? On the drawing here:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_177398.pdf
No inverter would be option "40A" but if you have inverter, it would be "40B" or "61E" if you have the 26 inch TV in front.
When I get one of these questions, I have to look at the drawing and actually look at the RV to see if I can find the drawing which matches what I have. For example, if no inverter, I check for receptacle at the bedroom, dinette and TV and see if one or more are missing power. If they are ALL out, I would check the power center (usebox?) to see if it has blown or tripped.
Now I have to throw in the disclaimer! I know that this can make sense or be totally "greek", so let me know where it fits for you and we can do some more looking--if needed. None of us is expected to know everything but reading this type of silly diagram is what I do a lot of everyday, so it is where I start.
Once you get the power on to the TV's we can sort for the signal. It's all there, just a bit hard to find.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have an inverter on floor below galley sink, not sure how to read schematic you sent
Pwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Okay good info and enough to get it started!
Nop harm on not being up on reading the drawings as that is common and not always clear to me, even when I do it often! But we can maybe get what we need.
Will cut a bunch of the extra off as we now know which part of the drawing counts!
Basic idea is that it gives you a "mapo of what route the power takes and how many "stops/ equipment" there is along the way. With that map a person can look for power at a "stop" and know if power is getting to that point but not to the end, you need to go one way or the other to find the cause which is almost always at some point like a fuse or connection. Not often the wires themself but where they are fed from or tie together.
Big point is reading abreviations, like RCP for receptacle!
I made a few mods to the drawing to make it easier to talk.
The points I would check are three different routes, so using a meter is nice but plugging a lamp,etc. in can also tell if power is there. I might look at the right end of all three routes (red,green, blue?) and see which is the problem and then start at either end of that route to say, good to here or bad, so that you know which direction to go to find the problem. Be aware that some of the points shown as "connection" may be a cover to remove or may be harder to find like a connection under a seat or such.
What I would look for is maybe a fuse but I don't see it on the drawing, so it might be something like a wire loose at the back of an outlet/recept.
Take a look when you get a chance and let me know what you find and we can move on some more if needed. Kind of looks like the inverter and supply to it may need checked?
We all need help and I like to keep the mind in gear!
What would a forum be if nobody had questions??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Aspect 28T.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	172014  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, winnebago