Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-31-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2012 Sunova Question on Converter Location

I have a 2012 30' Sunova Class A and have a fairly decent knowledge of the working components in my rig. However, I don't know where the converter is located. The converter is what charges the house batteries and the owners manual says it is a Mity-Mite SARVC Schumacher converter..... but I have no idea where it is located.

I would expect it should be near the batteries, under the steps, but would appreciate if someone could direct me to the location..... perhaps a photo if possible.

Many thanks!
Old 08-31-2018, 03:55 PM   #2
Just Trying to Help

56Nomad-

I would normally look this up for you... no time at the moment.

Look on Winnebgo's Web site... Resources/Product Information, something like that. At the bottom of that page is a link to wiring diagrams. Find the set for your coach. Look at the 120V diagram. It usually shows the converter location in the last two pages.

That said, you coach's converter is likely under the refrigerator. Pull a drawer in that area and give a look. May be behind the power center (also often under the refrigerator).
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Pulled up exactly what you cited, however it shows the converter box and the wiring..... but does not show the location

I've got a tall refrigerator with no drawer under it and there is no bay under it, just a set of brand new tires

I might just give Winnebago a call next week.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend
Old 09-01-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Mine is a 2008, the converter is located in the area under the fridge. My circuit breaker and fuse box are also in the area, and the batteries are under the stairs which relatively speaking is “nearby. If I had to speculate, you are in the right area but if can’t access under the fridge it’s probably tucked somewhere in that area.

For what it’s worth, mine being under the fridge still leaves absolutely no easy way to access, if my memory is right I had to pull the fuse box to see back there.

Good luck!
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Under the bathroom sink in the cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Nomad View Post
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Pulled up exactly what you cited, however it shows the converter box and the wiring..... but does not show the location

I've got a tall refrigerator with no drawer under it and there is no bay under it, just a set of brand new tires

I might just give Winnebago a call next week.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend
It is a bit difficult to determine from looking at the drawings just where it is exactly. Looking at where Detail B-B is located, on page 2 of the Wiring Installation-Body, 12 V, it appears to be in the bathroom in the cabinet below the sink. There should be some panels under there that can be removed to access that area.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

You nailed it!!!!!

I removed the interior panels of the bathroom vanity cabinet and it was attached to the floor. Never would have found it. Thank you for your help.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:04 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Nomad View Post
You nailed it!!!!!

I removed the interior panels of the bathroom vanity cabinet and it was attached to the floor. Never would have found it. Thank you for your help.
You're welcome! Sometimes those diagrams are difficult to figure out. My converter is in the same basic location as yours.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, converter