Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2022, 06:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2009 Journey 39Z outlet question

I have a outlet behind the passenger seat. It's built into the cabinet. It doesn't seem to be working on shore power. Im I missing something
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

You are in a bit of luck as we get pretty good info on wiring up to 2010!

See if these drawings match what you see. If true, it looks like the chase is not too big as you show at the end of a run of wiring. I've marked the good stuff to look at in blue and numbered what I would expect is the route of the wires to that outlet.

Click these drawings to get a better view or go direct to them at this link:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_168234.pdf

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_168232.pdf

But that is assuming and always dangerous so if it it matches for outlet 1 to be the one which is out, I might start at seeing if outlet two works and why it fails to get from there to 1???

Outlets 1 and 2 seem to match from the first drawing to the second but I'm not seeing the next one that seems to show in a cabinet?? It may be easier to spot in person, though??

I might guess a loose wire at outlet one??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outlet.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	181803   Click image for larger version

Name:	front outlet copy.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	181804  

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I may be way off base with this so bare with me. I went and looked at my 07 Meridian which is the sister to the journey.

I have a 110 outlet on the outer wall just behind the passengers seat. I also have a outlet cover to the right side passengers seat built into the molded plastic that hold the balance of the various switches.

Anyway (this will so the coaches age) the oulet cover is holding a outlet for hard line phone cord. Just about the outlet cover is a 12v round outlet. Could this be what you are looking at.

Good Luck
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Sounds right to me!
Partof my slow walking the advise is that there are so many options and differences each Rvand this one has twodifferentlayouts with one big difference being whether it has the stand alone inverter breaker panel which then has a breaker in the load center, or the other option which feeds the inverter directly off the first load center.

Mostly the same but different when we get down to details, so I have to fall back to asking if where I am looking is what they are seeing.

What they have way outranks anything I'm seeing on drawings, so finding which to look at is always an open question!

On your RV, do you have the seperate inverter panel with 8 breakers in the load center or the other which has 11 breakers in the load center and no inverter panel?

I hate to make a poster wade off into the deep stuff if they can find it close at those two outlets!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey