Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2008 Access center mount brake lamp

Is there a separate fuse for the center mount brake lamp from the standard brake lights fuse? I'm getting power to the regular brake lights but not the center mount brake lamp.
2008 Winnebago Access 29T
I currently have the wall opened up on the interior of that area while doing some restore rehab remodel work.
BadPennyKeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 06:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

This is an area that we don't get much help on from the Winnebago drawings as they only post them for the part which they consider" their work" and that means the drawings start where the chassis builders wiring stops. The chassis builders do the fuses for the outside lights like tail and brake, so we don't get much on that part.
But just as a general idea of how I would build a coach, I would not run a second fuse and wire from front to back for only one single light. So I did find a drawing of where the rear brake/tail light wiring is run and I would expect to find any wiring problems between where the center light comes off the main wiring bundle.
If the left and right lower lights work but not the center, the green line appears to be good but start my looking along the area I marked in red?
If there is damage or heavy work done at some point, that might give a clue?
This is from the drawing here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_162321.pdf
Click the picture to get a bigger/better view of what I suggest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tail light.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	176166  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Morich,

Yes I actually already had that diagram but on this series of Winnie there are only 2 colors of wiring, Yellow and White. Throughout the entire coach....Yellow and White. The wiring for the Brake and turn signals in the left and right main lights use a common wire, That one wire is used for both brake and turn so I was hoping to find a separate circuit for a brake only line.

Since I already had the wall open on the interior I was able to physically follow the line down and it appears to go directly to the harness connection under the coach.
That's as far as I got today tracing the line down,
Old 12-08-2020, 07:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Ouch! That is something I've found on my own RV as the wiring is a bit different than the plan says and some of my interior is also different in minor ways like a switch by the passenger seat is actually an outlet.
So we have to throw that idea out? Is there a two or three letter code stamped along the side of any of the wires, you've noticed?
There is some info on the coding of wires here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...agram/Help.pdf

This gets you the chart to "decode" if you find the lettering, it "may" tell the from and to points of that wire.
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

But I also have to tell you it had a two letter and a number on my wire chase and that is not on the chart, either. Sometimes we don't quite get what we are told is there!
Sorry, running out of the really good ideas!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:29 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Itty Bitty Wire Writing club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Is there a two or three letter code stamped along the side of any of the wires, you've noticed?

I do recall seeing some writing on the wiring, Ill check it out this afternoon. Time to dig out the magnifying glass LOL...
Old 12-09-2020, 08:16 AM   #6
Just Trying to Help

BPK-

Is your coach built on a 2007 or a 2008 Ford chassis?

2007 owner's manual here (see page 173).
2008 owner's manual here (see page 196)

On both the 2007 and 2008 chassis, the CHMSL is powered through 10A fuse #39 on the Ford passenger compartment fuse panel. However, on the 2007 chassis, the manual lists the brake lamps on that circuit, also.

I am looking at other online sources to see what may have changed between 2007 and 2008.

<edit>OK. My examination of both the 2007 and 2008 model year Ford Body Builders Layout Book (links here (page 271) and here (page 348)) indicates that for those years fuse #39 feeds both the CHMSL and the rear brake lights.

You may also want to check fuse #11, 15A, on the passenger compartment fuse panel. It powers both the turn signal/hazard flasher and the brake light switch.</edit>
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:41 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

wire ID

And the mystery Wire ID is: 156187-01-000-<S> X
Old 12-09-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

mystery wire

I traced the wire ( 156187-01-000-<S> X ) down to its connection under the back of the coach and it is not getting power with the brake engaged. Also found no blown fuses.

Tags
brake