Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2004 Vectra GFCI Outlets Don't Have Reset

I have a 2004 Winnebago Vectra. Both the kitchen and bathroom GFCI outlets are the original white outlets, all others are brown, however neither of them have the Test/Reset buttons between the outlets. The one in the bathroom has recently quit working and I can't find anywhere to reset it. Has anyone else had this issue? Why would Winnebago put these in? Where is the breaker located? I reset the ones in the bedroom and the brown GCFI in the kitchen. No luck.
Al Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

On my 04 Vectra, the two GFCI outlets are brown. Both are in the kitchen area. Without knowing your floorplan (I have the 40KD) I can't tell you for sure, but mine are located above a countertop in the kitchen and a floor level outlet on the fridge side interior wall. You are probably missing finding one of the brown ones in the kitchen/dining area. If it's a white outlet, it's not GFCI (at least on my unit.)
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

There are six models of that year Vectra, with the complete info n which model we can look at the drawings which do show how they are fed.
Any further info on which specific items have failed like if they are fed by the inverter, etc. will also be help to get more reliable and quicker answers.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Winnebago generally install a GFCI outlet(s) and then other outlets in series on a single feed from the breaker box. This results in all outlets on that feed being protected. If you have dead outlets, first check for a tripped breaker and in none, check the GFCIs feeding the outlets that dont work.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #5
Just Trying to Help

Per the wiring diagrams (link here), all of the 2004 Vectra models have two GFI outlets. One is usually in the bath, the other in the galley area. Each is either the first or second in the chain. Each chain gets its own feed from the inverter subpanel.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Turns out mine is the same. The lower outlet by the fridge was tripped. reset it and all is well. It also powers the bathroom fan.
Al Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:36 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Great that you fixed your problem!
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote