Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2002 adventurer gen wiring

Hi. I'm removing my onan 5.5 to repair it. I disconnected the pigtail from the transfer switch. I marked the wires with tape and the writing got wiped out when I pulled them out. From the gen I have a green, black, 2 whites and a black with a yellow stripe. The issue is the two whites and the black/yellow. These connect opposite the blue, red, and white on the switch. Can you please advise which one goes to which. I know the green is ground and the black goes opposite the black. Thanks. P.S. I have 30amp service.
bberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

You don't mention which model Adventurer, which could be relevant. Your best bet is to check out the wiring diagram at Winnebago's site:

https://winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm

Sometimes, the links don't work and you have to "open in a new tab".

The transfer switch wires should be pretty clearly noted on the diagram for your model Adventurer (they are for my Suncruiser 35U).

You might want to add a signature block to your profile like mine so that, every time you post, we'll know your year/model/floorplan, etc.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Bob. I did find that site yesterday. I believe I have a 35U as well. When I click on that nothing comes up. I also "opened in a new tab" and tried copying and pasting the link to a new tab. Same result when I select your coach.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Here's a direct link:

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_138209.pdf

If that doesn't work, I can PM you something. Let me know.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks again, Bob. That link worked. I see the 2 hots so I know where they go. The 2 whites aren't shown but I assume they are neutrals as there are 0 ohms between them and ground as well. So I'm left with the large white and blue connections and since they are connected to neutrals elsewhere on the switch I think I good to go connecting the 2 gen whites to those. Should be OK since there's not a GFI involved. I'll be cracking this unit open soon so I might be able to verify that as well.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Page 6.6 (figure 6.3) of this may help:

http://www.cleggind.com/postal_tech/...rv_man_pt1.pdf

It's dated 2006 but is probably the same. It shows two white neutrals.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Bob. I downloaded this manual already but I hadn't looked at the electrical section yet. I have a belt and/or flywheel coupling problem and that's all I had looked at.

Tags
adventurer, vent, wiring