Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-26-2019, 10:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2002 35U with 30 Amp Service Trips Outside Breakers

Hello all. I'm stuck in northern California in this power shutdown while staying at my sons house in Cotati (close to Santa Rosa). I use minimal power so I can plug into a 20amp outlet on the outside of his garage and connect the heavy duty cord to my switch gear cord. My onboard generator needs an overhaul so it is not running.

This arrangement has worked fine for months and then the power was cut off to this county due to a huge fire. Simply unplugged the extension cord from the wall outlet and plugged it into my sons generator with no load on the cord and it popped his circuit breaker. Turned off ALL my 120v breakers and it still instantly pops the generator breaker. Tried another cord, it pops the breaker on the generator. Tried plugging it into a 120v 20amp outlet on the outside of a cell tower on this property. The cell tower is currently running on it's generator. I popped that breaker too.

What do you think is going on here?
vetman90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service