Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2005, 04:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I've had great luck thus far with my new Journey. 6000 miles and relatively no real issues UNTIL this last trip.

First, My left rear leveling jack moves very very slowly. When I press "store" they all go up within a minute or so with the exception of the left rear jack. It took 12-15 minutes before the alarm stopped going off.

Then I went to use the inverter and it popped on but the meter on the panel showed the voltage dropping by the second and when it hit 10 volts the system shut down and said "low battery".

I always turn off the coach batteries when not in use along with the engine turn off switch on the back of the coach. I then tried to start the generator and nothing from all 3 switches. I assume this is because there is not enough power to start it up.

This is the real first warranty work that will be done.

I checked the water level in the batteries and that is ok.

Today I will check the connections to make sure they are tight.

Any other thoughts?
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:39 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I've had great luck thus far with my new Journey. 6000 miles and relatively no real issues UNTIL this last trip.

First, My left rear leveling jack moves very very slowly. When I press "store" they all go up within a minute or so with the exception of the left rear jack. It took 12-15 minutes before the alarm stopped going off.

Then I went to use the inverter and it popped on but the meter on the panel showed the voltage dropping by the second and when it hit 10 volts the system shut down and said "low battery".

I always turn off the coach batteries when not in use along with the engine turn off switch on the back of the coach. I then tried to start the generator and nothing from all 3 switches. I assume this is because there is not enough power to start it up.

This is the real first warranty work that will be done.

I checked the water level in the batteries and that is ok.

Today I will check the connections to make sure they are tight.

Any other thoughts?
Old 10-08-2005, 05:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Jim,

I had the same problem with the jack on my Horizon. I contacted HWH and they replaced the springs on 3 jacks and the cylinders on two. Now they all retract in about a minute.
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LK23:
Jim,

I had the same problem with the jack on my Horizon. I contacted HWH and they replaced the springs on 3 jacks and the cylinders on two. Now they all retract in about a minute. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You didn't go through Workhorse or Winnebago?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Called the dealer and am taking it in next Tuesday for the first time since new. Might as well get all the little things fixed up before we head to Florida in January.

I believe my generator issue is directly related to the inverter / coach battery problem. Dealer is going to make contact with HWH about the leveling jack. Said they had to do a few of these on '05 already.

Let you all know what the problem was.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:34 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Itasca SC:
You didn't go through Workhorse or Winnebago? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Out of curiousity, why would someone take a Freightliner chassis to Workhorse? Am I missing something?
Old 10-13-2005, 06:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Out of curiousity, why would someone take a Freightliner chassis to Workhorse? Am I missing something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must admit, I had the same question. Itasca SC must have thought Journeys are on a WH chassis.

Bill

Workhorse W22
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:40 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I had the same problem with my jacks. I called the dealer and they advised I could bring it in or check the pump fluid level. They said a lot of times they were not topped off correctly at the factory.
Added some fluid and have not had a problem since.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

It is a good idea to have the engine running to keep battery up as high as possible when using HWH jacks. They drain a batt pretty darn quick.

Almost all Winnebago products have minimal fluids in system, best to check and top off.

My tech says most all MH have too little freon in system to operate properly. You might want to check this too. Dash air was almost useless until he checked freon, after he gassed it up, it will drive you out.
Omurray is offline   Reply With Quote