Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

1706FB Breakers?

Uhm, so, some questions while camping in the chilly weather:

1) Is there a main breaker located somewhere besides the fuse/breaker panel under the refrigerator in a 2019 1706FB? If so, where might it be located? Does it reset itself?

2) Has anyone with a 1706FB been victimized by a 120 system gremlin which acts as an intermittent short...

3) or would a 140 light strand of small Christmas tree lights be enough to cause something to thermal out?

We are using a Progressive Industries 30 amp filter/EMS and all of the codes are good.

We tripped something several times last night while trying to warm up some soup in the microwave; each time turning off other electrical drains which included 1.5 amps for a very small dehumidifier and a small table lamp with an 8.8W LED bulb on the outlet below the dinette seat which backs up to the bed; my CPAP machine in standby mode (1 amp) and the aforementioned light strand on the outlet in the front wall by the bed. Refrigerator is using shore power, furnace fan is using shore power, and TV was on. We got the microwave to warm up dinner after unplugging pretty much everything and letting whatever resets, reset. We were able to use everything just fine after we were done with using the microwave. CPAP (1.5 amps operating), furnace fan, refrigerator, and dehumidifier ran fine all night and the boss was able to charge her smartphone just fine.

Just now, I slammed the door to latch it (lock is not aligned; warranty work awaiting, another story) and all the 120 shore powered stuff went down again. After some recycling and resetting, the dehumidifier and light on the dinette outlet are working, as is my CPAP machine in standby on the front wall outlet. I told the boss that Christmas is over - no more lights. Door slamming a coincidence? Dunno - hasn't done it three more times in and out since.

We'll see what happens.

In meantime, any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

Bob
Old 12-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I don't know of any breaker before the power center, other than your Progressive EMS. Do you have your hot water heater in electric mode? If you have hot water heater, plus fridge and a few smaller loads on shore power, then run the microwave, you might be pushing beyond 30A's. My 6 gal HWH is 1400W, Microwave 1500W, Fridge about 600W when running. I turn my HWH to off or gas if I need the MW or AC. Also, the HWH is much faster on gas.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks! That makes perfect sense. I found out the string of lights aren't LED, too, which would probably be what puts things over the top. We've been fine all afternoon and evening, MW and everything. And yes, we're running the HWH on electric. I may switch to gas tomorrow when it warms up a bit. Trying to see how much gas the furnace uses on near-to-slightly-subfreezing (25 degrees F) evenings.

Bob