Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-22-2021, 01:30 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstrum View Post
I think I was unclear, your voltage will come back, it is the AMP Hr capacity that is effect, similar to the memory effect on other old school rechargeable batteries (nicad for example), you will get the the voltage to read 100% but your batteries actual amp hours are what drops, you will notice they do not run your refer as long.
I too was speaking about amp hours as measured by a shunt battery monitor. I suspect Creativepart was also.

David
Old 11-22-2021, 07:22 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmart94 View Post
I had JC refrideration convert my dometic 1200 to 12 volt this summer. I have lead acid batteries. I too a trip from NW indiana to Cody Wyoming also to Gatlinburg Tennessee. Never a issue with power

That's a good testimonial, and thanks for the information. How well do you like your JC Refrigeration 12 VDC refrigerator? Are you glad you had it converted?
Old 11-22-2021, 07:24 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianotuna View Post
I would jump to the 12 volt dc compressor fridge. When the AGM batteries are worn out, I'd go to SiO2 which don't have all the "hoops" that Li require

I did some research on the SiO2 batteries, looks like they have a small following, do you have them? I am still reading about some charging hoops that have to be followed. What has your experience been?
Old 11-23-2021, 04:29 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Looking at some specs for the SiO2 battery they seem to be the same weight as lead acid batteries. So if weight is a consideration for 400AH or 600AH battery bank lithium would have an advantage.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, refrigerator