Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-10-2022, 02:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

06 Adventurer 38T Subwoofer Fuse Location

I'm looking for some help / suggestions. I have a 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 38T. The subwoofers stopped working. The rest of the sound system works just fine from surround sound, to in-dash radio. Everything is factory, nothing has ever been changed. I have been looking up and down to try and either find an amp somewhere in here for the subwoofers or a fuse location. I'm hoping someone else has had this issue and knows what it may be.

Here is where I have checked.
- Behind the TV
- Behind the surround sound unit above the tv
- Behind the fireplace under the tv
- Behind the panel in the overhead compartment on the passenger side. I found the audio distribution box and have already changed that with another, but no difference.
- I have looked in the dash, under the dash, both behind the instruments, and have taken the computer tray table out.
- I have looked behind drawers, under furniture, etc.
- I have checked all the fuses by the drivers door (gas model)
- I have checked all the fuses under the hood.
- i have checked in all of the outside storage compartments, I have removed panels, etc.

I cannot find this amp or fuse and have no idea where it could be. Has anyone else ever found this thing? I believe this year is different than the others. I have read most of the forums, but am still puzzled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
nate508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 03:47 PM   #2
Site Team

On my 2017 Adventurer the "amp" is the 6-channel LG DVD/Home Theater in the overhead compartment. It's not like an powered automotive subwoofer - it's just a bass speaker wired direct to the sub output of the Home Theater.

Of course, you might have turned off the subwoofer with setup in the Home Theater with the remote control. Or changed the settings in the radio for the subwoofer.

Have you found the subwoofer speaker? Did you remove it to check connections?

Apologies if you have totally different equipment in your 2006 RV. I know they change these things out pretty frequently.
Old 10-10-2022, 07:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I did check the setup as well. I have also verified, that if I go to the sub outputs on the Home theater (Toshiba VCR/DVD Combo) with an external speaker, it's working fine. In the coach there are two sub / woofers. One under the fridge and one by the entry door. Neither one is working. I did remove them and checked connections as well. They were working fine and then just randomly stopped and haven't worked since.
nate508 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, cat, fuse, vent