Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2018, 05:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winterizing Journey

Trying to winterize my Class A Journey. Following directions in the Winebago manual but instead of sucking the antifreeze through the siphon tube (when I turn on the pump), air is blowing out of the siphon tube. Have both switches in winterize mode. What am I missing?

Thanks..Dan
dirtfeetdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Well,,, That certainly blows!!
But on the other hand it might sound like one valve is not right, as the pump should be building pressure but it should be directed toward the plumbing, not out the siphon?
Since it is not enough to hurt anything if we get it wrong, I would just try putting one of the valves in another position. Not knowing the history of your RV, I might suggest that the valve handles can get put on wrong and that can make it look like closed when they are really open.
I found the "mechanic" at my broker had used pliers when he found the valve would not move and that gave him enough torgue to ream out the valve handle! I know the broker and he did tell me he has trouble with getting good help!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Don’t use the antifreeze. Just blow out the lines. Much easier
Hendo6771 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, journey