Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winterize switch

Was wondering.. Getting ready to winterize 36' journey and was wondering what the winterize switch is for above washer/dryer?. Do I still have to empty and blow air thru lines or jus empty and hit switch? Thank u!
kinneyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Also do I have to remove water filter(s) and how many shld I be looking for?
kinneyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

You still need to winterize your washer/dryer separately. You owners manual will have specific instructions. My Wife usually does it and it only takes a few minutes.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

You should remove and drain your water filter under the sink. Also drain your water heater separately..

The BYPASS switch allows you to blow out the lines without blowing through the water heater.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

kinneyfamily, what year is your coach?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I remove my whole house filter and under sink filter before winterizing. Don't forget your ice maker lines if you have one.
slapfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneyfamily View Post
Was wondering.. Getting ready to winterize 36' journey and was wondering what the winterize switch is for above washer/dryer?. Do I still have to empty and blow air thru lines or jus empty and hit switch? Thank u!
You do not need to blow out the lines to use the winterize switch. You may also have a bypass switch in the same location. Drain tanks, then put the bypass in bypass position. I woud remove the drinking/ice maker filter under the galley sink and replace it with the diverter plug. When you are ready with the pink rv anti freeze, hit the winterize switch and it will pull the rv antifreeze into the lines. Open faucet in turn until pink flows out. Don't forget the outside shower. After all the faucets and washer are done, I take the ice maker supply line loose behind the refrigerator to drain the line to the ice maker and to let pink flow out the supply line.

You might find my winterize checklist helpful ...you may need to alter it for you specific coach. You can find it at Our RV Checklists
Old 11-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
You do not need to blow out the lines to use the winterize switch. You may also have a bypass switch in the same location. Drain tanks, then put the bypass in bypass position. I woud remove the drinking/ice maker filter under the galley sink and replace it with the diverter plug. When you are ready with the pink rv anti freeze, hit the winterize switch and it will pull the rv antifreeze into the lines. Open faucet in turn until pink flows out. Don't forget the outside shower. After all the faucets and washer are done, I take the ice maker supply line loose behind the refrigerator to drain the line to the ice maker and to let pink flow out the supply line.

You might find my winterize checklist helpful ...you may need to alter it for you specific coach. You can find it at Our RV Checklists
I might add, turn on the water heater bypass switch first or you'll fill it with anti-freeze. I forget the name of this system, but it is great, especially when coming North in Feb. Makes the job very easy and convenient. There is a 1 and 3/4G anti-freeze tank in the water pump compartment that must be filled first. I have to add another gallon to winterize the clothes washer while filling the lines and drain traps too.
Of course the WH must be drained when winterizing, it's easy to forget when using this system.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter