Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-29-2021, 12:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Winterize again?

We just picked up our brand new Micro Minnie 2108ds from the dealer on Friday. It was de-winterized by the dealer for prep and walk-thru. Looking at the weather here in PA, it’s forecasted to dip slightly below freezing next weekend.

Do we re-winterize, and if so, do we need the pink stuff or is blowing out the lines with our air compressor sufficient?

Is the above overkill, considering the trailer is at our home and we can run the tank pad heaters, furnace, hw heater, etc., overnight when temps will dip?

Any advice for the newbies appreciated!
jackie_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:48 PM   #2
Site Team

You only need worry if there are freezing temps forecast for below mid twenties for a continuous 36 - 48 hours or longer. Your RV takes a long time to cool down to below freezing enough to be a concern.

Keep in mind that if you take trips even in the summer to high altitude mountain states it will often (nightly) freeze overnight. Nobody winterize for short duration freezes.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

One neat thing about the Micro Minnies is that they are very easy to drain. You might want to try it sometime to see how yours does. I drain most of mine after every trip.

(1) open fresh tank drain
(2) open hot and cold low-point drains
(3) open water heater relief valve

On my trailer, doing the above not only drains the piping but it also drains the water heater via the cold low-point drain. It might on yours too. You can then open each faucet and the toilet valve to see if they’ll drain anything extra. Any water stacked up at the city water inlet can be released by pulling out the little filter screen and pushing in on the check valve.

If I do the above, I get very little extra water out if I purge with air.

Note: I’d be reluctant to run the tank pad heaters unless you have some fluid in all three tanks.

Tags
winter