Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2019, 09:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Winter Covers

Any recommendations on Winter Covers for my 2003 39 ft Itasca Sunflyer?
iezzif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Drive around today and visit as many RV storage lots, dealer's lots, and neighbors you can find. See what they use. Stop in and ask. If they use nothing at all, do that.

Following what your neighbors do is the best method. I always look at other RVs in my neighborhood to see what they do on things that are visible.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Good advice. Thank you!
iezzif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

RV Covers for Winnebago

Check out RVCOVERS.COM for a cover. I purchased a cover to cover the roof. It overhangs over of the edges and is tied down with wheel attachments.
DGundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:53 PM   #5
Old Dirt Biker

Winter Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by iezzif View Post
Any recommendations on Winter Covers for my 2003 39 ft Itasca Sunflyer?

About 4 years ago I bought a S2 Expedition cover from National RV Covers for my 18 ft toy hauler. It was well made, tough, and fit great. We moved up to a Class A and I included it with the toyhauler when I sold it.

Last year we got a 33 ft 1999 Itasca SunFlyer, so I bought another S2 Expedition model for this one. We just put it on last week. It ripped in two places no matter how careful we were, and I couldn't even find anything that was sharp enough to tear it. It's supposed to be multiple layers thick, but as far as I can tell, it's only double on the roof. These rest of it feels like pressed paper, not even cloth! I'm pretty sure I could poke my finger right through it without much effort. For $425 it ought to be a helluva lot stronger than that. My MH is actually 33' 7", so I ordered a 34 ft model. I think they sent one for a 38 ft MH because there is so much slack material in every direction, even with the adjustment straps on full, it sags everywhere. It does come with a 3 year warranty, but if you read the details, it doesn't cover hardly anything...

I don't recommend this one at all. I'm really disappointed since the first one I bought was so much better in every way.
MotoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Dont know where you are located but here in Minnesota i have used an Adco designer series cover on our 2005 Journery 36g for the past four years...goes on in late October comes off late April. Couple of small abrasion tears where i didnt cover/pad the edges of the the metal covers over the awning and slide covers. Have it snugged down real well and haven't noticed any rub marks on the paint but i am in a storage yard with units covering about 75% on two sides.
neub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:38 PM   #7
Site Team

I recommend two covers plus wheel covers:
http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...2m-355809.html
Old 11-17-2019, 08:02 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

A full cover for areas that have lots of snow is worth the expense and trouble of install. Some easy pre cover install preparations are necessary *

Use 2 or 3 layers of Gorilla tape on all sharp edges

Pool Noodles or Pipe Insulation over slide out hardware , gutter extensions , etc

Garbage can lids over antennas or wrap heavy in bubble wrap

Install the cover tightly and recheck always after a storm

No more worries about water getting in and it will eventually get in with the many freeze / thaw cycles that happen during the long winter months
sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I've tried the Adco covers with mixed success. The first tore on my awning roller, the second tore on the gutter spouts. I got the little clown-nose balls to cover the awning spouts and they worked like a charm....the awning tore on other little protrusions that I didn't see. So that's about $1200 in covers....I am apparently not a smart man.

I am probably going to forgo a full cover this year. The Adco's I got were breathable, nicely placed zippers to get in and out of the rig, nice belts to cinch it down, and built-in vents to let it breath more if there were windy conditions... but they are fairly fragile it seems and I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, so.....scope out the roof and attachments, find a way to keep the cloth from snagging and tearing, a get the cover on sale if you're going to use one. It sure is nice to keep off the leaves and berries and sap and sun, but too expensive to buy one every year or two.....
Dave-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter