Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I wish my Sightseer had two leveling switches.
And springs. I wish I had springs. Much simpler system.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:20 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

The "Level Best" by Kwikee which is installed in my coach is to me at best a fair system. It does have , to me, a few oddities,

A) Hydraulic up/down, Does Not have return springs.
B) Oil reservoir Located behind left front tire, you can only access it with the driver side slide out.
C) Fused in the Control Panel, Not the Main Power Fuse, this fuse only effects the Auto-Level Module. If it fails, All Up and Manual lower will work, Auto Level disabled as is the Jacks Down Alarm and Dash Indicator. Have to pull module from dash, separate the touch panel from the module housing CAREFULLY to get to it.
D) Auto Level sensing module is located inside the dash. Would have thought it would be closer to the Middle of the coach. Uses a Murata Inclinometer chip on a proprietary board.
E) Welded Hydraulic Cylinders. Not end user rebuildable. Did find a shop in Kentucky that can rebuild them. Not Cheap, but replacements aren't either.

What can I say, I'm a retired geek, too curious, and was trained by the Navy in hydraulics.

Everyone Should Have a Happy Holiday.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #23

HWH "Button Failure" ($10 Temporary Fix with a 12V DC Probe)

My HWH is not like yours, but I had a "Button Failure" that had the same problem.

I was stuck in a county park trying to checkout before noon... when I could not retract my rear jacks. After several failed attempts to retract the jacks, I got "so lucky" when I used a 12V DC Test Probe.

All I did was to access the back panel... and touch the problem switch/button diode... with the test probe. This completed the circuit to ground and the rear jacks retracted! (Be sure you test probe has a good ground before you use it.)

Apparently, all the HWH control buttons are ground-activated. So if you suspect you have a bad button on the face of your control board, this temporary fix may get you out of a bind... and save you a lot of unnecessary work. Then you can mail your control board to HWH for repair. My repair cost $325 and took about 7 days TAT.

So if we are talking about a control board button failure, I don't think it matters if your jack system is different than mine, since we are talking about the HWH system design.

SEE ATTACHED FILE for complete story.

Side note: I once had a gas rig that had a jack-safety-override function; i.e., the jacks would retract if I had the engine started and I put the tranny in drive. So you might try this first.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Control Panel AP42585 or AP39258.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	170711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ground Jumper To Active Store Button.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	170712  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Solution To HWH 325 Jack Retract Problem (PDF).pdf (255.5 KB, 56 views)
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, winnebago