Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Winnebago Industries now has a variety of 'service tips' for various rigs on their web site:

www.winnebagoind.com/resources/service/servicetips.php

Another great resource allows you to identify all the parts used on your particular rig. For example, you can determine what type of countertop material was used and the color name. Go to the link, click on the year of your rig, and enter the last 5 digits of the Winnebago Body Serial Number. It brings up every Winnebago related part used in the production of your motorhome in alphabetical order:

http://dealer.winnebagoind.com/unitsearch/parts.htm
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Gary,

This is an excellent resource list. Thanks for posting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Gary, great site but when I inputted my serial number, last 5 numbers, a parts list came up but the preceding letters and numbers were different. Yes, I entered the correct year.

Thoughts??

David
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

David:

When I input last 5 digits of my serial #, the number for the parts seems to be abbreviated...includes last 5 numbers but not all the numbers. Is that what you are referring to?
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Same here David. I get the printout for a vehicle, but the numbers preceding the 5 digits I put in are not quite right. The model given is the same though. I sense that it is the wrong motorhome. Any ideas?
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

try putting in the year before and then process your number. They use the year that the coach was made, not the year model.
we have a 2003 model but tried three times and could not come up with the proper list. I entered 2002 as the year and it came up with the spec sheet for our coach.

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

This would be great info for an old rig how about a new rig under warranty. Now going into 60days for service and I am still out in the cold by the dealer and the manufacturer: Winnebago.
TXDrifter165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Gary,
Awesome! Just what I needed. Thanks for sharing.
-Dennis
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:58 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

TXdrifter,
Did you not get a list of the items in/on your coach in your Owner's manual case?

What are you trying to determine?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
RET
Winnebago Camper

Is the serial # the last 5# of the VIN#?
RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Too bad it only goes back to 2001. The rest of us with the "oldies but still goodies" are left out in the cold
Old 02-09-2008, 06:21 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

The info on this list is not supplied in the owners case. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:19 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Is the 5 digit Serial Number they require the last 5 digits of the VIN?
Richard and Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

The serial number required is the Winnebago number -- found on the data card on the drivers door. It is longer than 6 digits, but they just use the last five for this purpose.
j griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I agree with "Finhawk".

We who have older Winnebago's are left out in the cold. Of course maybe the majority believe if you have a 12 year old coach like I have it's time to "junk it, sign on the bottom line and buy new".

Sorry, but NO WAY. My Winne is still running and operating perfect, knock on wood. A true sign of a quality product. Until it starts to Nickle and Dime me to death I'll keep what I have.

It would be nice though if Winnebago would have an archive section for their coaches that go back from the beginning. Not that the first coaches are still on the road, but it might be interesting to take a look at the "then and now" information. Just MHO.

'96 - 38' Adventurer
Flintstones Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Location: Columbia SC on our way to Sweet Home Oregon ETA 25 Sept 08
Waiting for that tip on where and how to install the digital converter box (DCB) with the Vidio Selector System. That is, located in the cabinet where the VSS is located. Just a rant or a whine here; I know there are only one million of us that occassionally use our batwings at State Parks and such but it still ticks me off that each TV is going to need it's own DCB if it has an analog tuner. Why can't the DCB just decode all digital signals coming to it and pass it along as analog without changing stations at the DCB? I know, I know, why ask why?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

I saw an ad by CW for the digital converter. I called and they said that if I had a central box that connected both TVs to the Winegard antenna that I would only need one box for both TVs. They install for $20 and accept the $40 coupon.

Nick, Journey '01
Old 05-04-2008, 01:17 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Nick: Thanks friend. I think that CW and you are right but the other two TVs will probably be a slave to the first, something like a monitor. I don't think the other analog TVs will be fully independent channel changing boob tubes we are used to. I'm thinking the bedroom TV will be the first to be replaced with a built in digital tuner. The little analog color $15 TV I use outside will be an easy fix with the DCB. So now the IRV2 quest is to search for a make and model that Winnebago owners of a 33V know will fit in the BDR. Maybe I'll find gold and hit a post where somebody has already found and shared one LCDs that fits up front & in back w/o too much dificulty; difficulty being relative.... :-) CW is installing a DCB for me on Thur and I'll let y'all know how it works with the Vidio Selector Box we have in our Winnebagos
Old 05-04-2008, 03:29 AM   #19
RET
Winnebago Camper

y interested to see how the C W hookup turns out. Please post with pictures if possible and model and final price of DCB. used.
RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Hey Ret: Well,,,, I even gave the CW guy the WIT mag tip pages showing them how and where to connect things. I just got the WIT mag last Tue and didn't even open it until Wed morning at breakfast just before my CW install appointment. The CW guy tried their install connect recommendations but it didn't work. So he played around and did it his way. Switches are now all messed up but if I push the right button; Aux = VCR/DVD, TV ANT = HD box. The small Wingard box fit just fine in the Entertainment Center. Just moved the DVD/VCR over to where it almost touches the end of the cabinet. HD at Myrtle Beach gave me 10 channels but only 5 were any good. The other 5 kept breaking up into small pixels and the signal was lost on these poor reception channels. As anticipated, the Bdr TV is a slave to the front TV and I didn't even try the outside TV. Will probably need another box for that set but that one is usually a slave monitor to the DVD player anyway...

Marco