Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago Level Best leveling system

I'm a new member and may not be in the correct thread. Need advice on malfunction of the Level best control panel.

I had to use battery boost on chassis battery and when engine started a loud audible sound continued. I turned off and restarted engine and the sound continues. I open up the control panel and after puling one of the harnesses the sound quit. Question is why did the sound continue and what does it mean when sound didn't stop. What is the reason for that sound? Is the complete control panel is bad or just maybe a fuse. I have the 2005 Winnebago Voyage in storage and don't know for sure what to do next.

Any suggestions? If not serious wait till Spring to have RV repair look at the panel or get something done right away.
Don Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

If you jacks are down, the sound will be there to let you know not to drive away. Try retracting them to see if sound goes away. Also make sure parking break is set.
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Sound came on when I started the RV and continued when engine was turned off. The control panel didn't show any lights on. I'm trying to find out if a fuse is bad, panel is bad, etc. Only way I stopped the sound was to pull a harness in back of control panel.
Thanks anyway for the reply.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Level best

Hi ,Don I have the same coach as you except in the Itasca model the control panel is voltage sensitive if it's low it protects itself my chassie battery gave up in a Costco parking lot luckly,had to use battery boost to start and move away from the gas pumps, replaced battery and got back to the camp ground we were staying at went to lower the jacks and nothing panel dark, I disconnected both harness's on the back of the panel waited a few minutes plugged back in and back to normal.welcome to the forum there are so many helpful people good luck.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I did call LCI which now owns and sells Kwikee. I spoke with a service tech and he basically said the same thing. Low battery will set off the sound. However, he said that the control panel runs off of the house batteries and not the chassis which I question him about. Since I pulled the harnesses on the back I plan on going out to the RV tomorrow and plug them back in. I have a trickle charge on the chassis battery and all batteries are showing around 12.5 which is charged. Hopefully that is the only issue I have with the leveling system. I thank you for your reply as it is right on.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have the opposite problem. I am up on my jacks level. I tried to turn on the system and nothing happened, I turned the ignition on and the all up red light and ignition light are on but the on/off switch doesn't work. I took the parking break off. The parking brake light did not come on and the levelers did not retract, I even put the coach in drive ( brakes on), and the levelers did not retract. Any ideas how to retract my levelers?
shutler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Forgot to mention I own an Itasca sunrise 31W
shutler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

if the battery has run down or been disconnected you have to remove the two plugs in the back of the control wait 30 sec put plugs back in and you should be in good shape
Gordiegaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:21 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Last year with my jacks when retracted the alarm did not turn off. I had a slow oil leak in one, and the oil reservoir needed additional oil. Check the hydraulic fluid levels in reservoir.
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, winnebago