Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago 29ve

We have a new delivered rig. Today I checked the holding tanks and the black is reading full. Thoughts please. Thx.
Robleves0143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

All RVs, regardless of brand, eventually have an issue with the tank sensors reading wrong. Just assume someone used the toilet (shop workers or even contractors the RV dealer hired have been known to use a lot RVs facilities). Sometimes the drive away driver that delivered the RV to the dealer used it. OR, it's just reading wrong.

Anyway, it's a common issue so try to get the tank filled with water soon. Drive around and let it slosh with a small amount of Dawn liquid. When you dump, record the date. Then from then on, always leave the valves closed for the number of days you figure out it takes to almost fill the tanks. Dump, and record the date. Then just empty whenever you go that many days. All this while you're traveling of course.

If it's going to be sitting in storage for weeks or months, always dump the tanks first, then add a few gallons back in so the dump seals are kept wet.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Jim
Old 02-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robleves0143 View Post
We have a new delivered rig. Today I checked the holding tanks and the black is reading full. Thoughts please. Thx.
Winnebago uses non-contact level sensors on the grey and black tank, new rig that has never had the black tank used should not read full. Warranty issue.

You will see 3 black square sensors with a big + mark on each of them glued on the outside of the black and grey tanks at 1/3, 2/3, and Full levels. There is a 2 wire connector near each set of the sensors , not much else that could be a "quick fix" to check other than confirming the connectors are together.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I agree with checking the wires to the sensors (if you can see them).
However, are you sure the tank isn't actually full?
I realize it's a new rig and that you probably haven't put 40 gallons of waste in the yet, but maybe something else is flowing into that tank to make it be full?? Or just some water (we hope) left in there from something done at the factory?
Old 03-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hi reply to all . I decided on a warm day to checking the tanks. I found water in both black and gray tank s and drained them. The dealer said they didn't put it there, ok the tooth fairy did it.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:17 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

If the dealer did a proper PDI, I would hope they filled your tanks prior to delivery.
vaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #8
JBP
Winnie-Wise

I believe you have black water flush. Drain the tank and flush several times until water is running clear. As said before fill with several gallons of water and odorizer.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago