Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago 2000 Roof

I was told this is a rubber roof, but it looks hard and is one piece for the most part. Do I want to use Either Bond Tape on it?
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I think you mean Eternabond. I don't think Winnebago has ever used a rubber roof.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

What is it?

It does not remind me of fiberglass. It is very smooth, what options where there in this year?
Old 07-20-2015, 07:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Your profile shows you have a Pace Arrow. If that's true this question would probably get better answers if posted in the Fleetwood forum.

If you do have a Winnebago product please give more details as to the model. I do know the Adventurer and Chieftain series do have fiberglass roofs. I'm not sure of the other models.

There have been several posts over the years about using Eternabond tape on these roofs. Some results have been positive while others were only temporary fixes. One of the more recent threads was from an owner that had long term problems. After a few years the tape started to separate from the roof. He had a miserable time trying to remove the remainder and reseal the roof.

Personally I've never used the tape so I don't know if the related problems were from improper installation, faulty materials, or they just reached the end of their expected life span.

I do know that Winnebago recommends inspecting the roof seams every 6 months, and replacing sealing material as necessary. We followed the routine with our 2001 Adventurer. We even had the seams inspected by the factory technicians when we took it in for service. In the 12 years and over 100,000 miles we had it we only had to replace a couple small sections of sealant.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

2000 winnebago Sun Cruser

What is the name of the calk and where to find it. I will get to work changing my profile.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Here's the callout sheet for the sealants used on the 2000 Adventurer:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/..._g_sealant.pdf

The only ones we bought were from Winnebago. However I'm sure there are the same specifications for caulking's that can be purchased at the home improvement stores. Winnebago charges a premium price for their sealants, so if price is important I would do a little research.

Here's a link to the callout sheets for all Winnebago products from 2000 to 2015.
Sealants Callout Sheets
Old 07-20-2015, 10:20 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks
Old 07-20-2015, 08:51 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

You need urethane based sealants for the Winnebago Fiberglass roofs. Eternabond will work well with the urethane sealants however it will not stick over silicone based calks so if someone has smeared silicon all over the place then you will have to clean that up 100% in order to get a perfect seal from the Eternabond. It will last for many years and will be very difficult to remove.

Tags
roof, winnebago