Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

While diagnosing my malfuncioning windsheild washers, I noticed that the little caps on the wiper arm had slipped off of their retainers, both of them. I have put them back but have no confidence that I have rally fixed anyhting.

Anybody else have this propblem? If so, what did you do about it?

Thanks,

Looks like nobody had this problem but me. For lack of anything more clever, I put ty-wraps over the housing to hold it in place.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

While diagnosing my malfuncioning windsheild washers, I noticed that the little caps on the wiper arm had slipped off of their retainers, both of them. I have put them back but have no confidence that I have rally fixed anyhting.

Thanks,

Looks like nobody had this problem but me. For lack of anything more clever, I put ty-wraps over the housing to hold it in place.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I've had this problem before. I'm assuming that you're referring to the caps that are attached to the rubber fluid lines. In my case, the rubber lines were simply too short so there was always a little tension on them. This in turn pulled off the caps. I resolved the problem in two ways. First, I went to an auto parts store and purchased a longer section of hose. Second, I applied a tiny amount of super glue to the edge of the cap to help it stay on. I used very little to ensure that the cap could be removed if necessary. So far, the caps have stayed on for three years. Hope this helps.

Jack
2004 Brave 34D
Old 12-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bruceh:

Thanks,

Looks like nobody had this problem but me. For lack of anything more clever, I put ty-wraps over the housing to hold it in place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put black nylon cable ties that are UV rated on to hold mine down. Can be easily snipped off, will not rust and are cheap/easy to replace.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I thought you ment the caps that cover the mounting bolt where the arm attaches to the bolt. One of mine is missing, the other is still there. Don't plan to do anything about it though.

Bucks County PA
JJ Hamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I also had the problem described here and purchased the rubber tubing at NAPA and also purchased a package of tubing connectors. Rather than replace the entire length of tubing I simply put a small section in the tubing and thus relieved the tension on the tubing, which in turn, relieved the tension on the caps and all is now well in the windshield washing department.
I use Rainx on my windshield glass and also use Rainx WW Fluid. The bugs blow off and we are happy with the clear views of our surroundings as we cruise the hyways and byways.

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Love the Rainx stuff!!!

1999-2008 traded in Suncruiser 90,000 miles
Jeeperrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote