Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Windshield Cracking

I have had a new 2019 Winnebago 29VE for about 9 months. This morning while waxing the front of the RV, I noticed a crack about 10 - 12' long. The crack started at the base of windshield in between the wiper blades. Actually closer to the blade on the right if you are standing outside of coach looking at crack.

The RV is still under mfg warranty.

Is this something that Winnebago Mfg warranty will cover?

Or do I need to take it to a place that can possibly do a windshield repair in hopes that the repair prevents from further repair?

Or am I doomed for repair on my own or via my insurance?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200907_095556.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	174911  
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
call winnebago and see if it's covered by the warranty. if not contact your insurance carrier. most likely a cracked windshield is covered under the comprehensive portion of your policy and can be replaced for no or little deductible.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I have had a new 2019 Winnebago 29VE for about 9 months. This morning while waxing the front of the RV, I noticed a crack about 10 - 12' long. The crack started at the base of windshield in between the wiper blades. Actually closer to the blade on the right if you are standing outside of coach looking at crack.

The RV is still under mfg warranty.

Is this something that Winnebago Mfg warranty will cover?

Or do I need to take it to a place that can possibly do a windshield repair in hopes that the repair prevents from further repair?

Or am I doomed for repair on my own or via my insurance?
IMHO I doubt Winnebago will cover this unless there is someway you can prove it was a manufacturing defect and that would be almost impossible unless many others with your model came forward. Earlier this year I replaced a windshield in my Class A Gasser a month before I traded it in for a DP. Glad I had insurance with Glass Coverage... it would've been thousands of dollars. It started as a small 1" crack... took it out for it's monthly run, came back and started to wash it and it expanded across the windshield in many directions in minutes... unreal
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1237dmctlc View Post
IMHO I doubt Winnebago will cover this unless there is someway you can provide it was a manufacturing problem and that would be almost impossible unless many others with your model came forward. Earlier this year I replaced a windshield in my Class A Gasser a month before I traded it in for a DP. Glad I had insurance with Glass Coverage... it would've been thousands of dollars. It started as a small 1" crack... took it out for it's monthly run, came back and started to wash it and it expanded across the windshield in many directions in minutes... unreal
I took to the dealer and they said it was a small ding/rock that caused so not cover by Winnebago. I agree with them.

I had a similar experience as you, I had just got back from a drive, washed and waxed, and was detailing the glass when I saw a hairline crack. Within a few hours it had grown to 12 inches.

I actually have windshield coverage with a $0 deductible with my insurance but I really don't want to use it . My renewal is up in 2 months. I know they say they don't, but I am 99.99% sure my rates will go up if I file the claim just before my renewal. I have two quotes thus far one is $3100 & the other is $3800.

My current thinking is to hope it can make it two months so I can renew and then file the claim later?
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:55 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1237dmctlc View Post
IMHO I doubt Winnebago will cover this unless there is someway you can prove it was a manufacturing defect and that would be almost impossible unless many others with your model came forward. Earlier this year I replaced a windshield in my Class A Gasser a month before I traded it in for a DP. Glad I had insurance with Glass Coverage... it would've been thousands of dollars. It started as a small 1" crack... took it out for it's monthly run, came back and started to wash it and it expanded across the windshield in many directions in minutes... unreal
Sorry I meant to say Winnebago "WILL NOT cover it " thxs
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote