Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I noticed a Vectra with semi rigid vertical pleated blinds instead of cloth curtains. My cloth curtains on our HR Endeavor constantly fly into the door during windy days and end up with grease/dirt stains from the door latch and bolts. Who makes the Winnebago front blinds and can you offer an opinion if you have had both.
thanks in advance,

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I noticed a Vectra with semi rigid vertical pleated blinds instead of cloth curtains. My cloth curtains on our HR Endeavor constantly fly into the door during windy days and end up with grease/dirt stains from the door latch and bolts. Who makes the Winnebago front blinds and can you offer an opinion if you have had both.
thanks in advance,

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 06-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I would spray starch your curtains and use one or two tie back.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If you really want the pleated type, I have seen them in the Camping World catalog. My first Winnie had the drape type and I do like the pleated type better. Easier to handle IMO, but the drape could be taken off and tossed in the washing machine.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We have pleated shades in our Vectra. I prefer them to the curtains we had in our previous motorhome. They fold back neatly and they can be washed in the bath if dirty - just tie them together to dry or spray some starch on them if necessary. I made some nice tie backs for ours and am very pleased with the overall result.

Lorene

1995 Winnebago Vectra
Lorene and John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Olive,
Thanks for the Camping World tip. I'll cheeck it out. While it is true the drapes can be cleaned (mostly) in the washing machine, the 2 panels by the front door have grease stains from the door latch and pins which have been very stubborn. Tried moving them but they are mated pairs and only fit one way.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 06-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Dawn and Mark ...

The pleated window coverings on Winne Desiel Pushers are three distinct parts ... they are held together with velcro strips ...

We use the "left" and "middle" to cover the front windshield ... we use a snap clothespin on the track to keep the "middle" extended.

We use the "right" to cover the entry door ... we extend it only after the doors are closed for the night ... when it is not in use we keep it in the snap tie-back ...

We have only a couple of small soiled spots after 4 years of use
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

SkiGramp,
Thanks for the info. Is there any manufacturer info on the pleated assemblies?

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 06-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I find it rather amusing that you don't like the drapes. Our Horizon came with the white pleated curtains and I despise them! I tolerated them for 2 years and then made my own curtains for the windshield. I made them dark to keep out the light when not in use and for any family that sleeps on the couch/bed when staying with us. We didn't like them cuz you could never just peek out to see what the weather's like, etc...you had to open them or take the velcroed sections apart. With my drapes I can look out any one of 5 separate panels.

I guess that's what makes this world go 'round!
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:39 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeanne M.:
I find it rather amusing that you don't like the drapes. Our Horizon came with the white pleated curtains and I despise them! I tolerated them for 2 years and then made my own curtains for the windshield. I made them dark to keep out the light when not in use and for any family that sleeps on the couch/bed when staying with us. We didn't like them cuz you could never just peek out to see what the weather's like, etc...you had to open them or take the velcroed sections apart. With my drapes I can look out any one of 5 separate panels.

I guess that's what makes this world go 'round! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also like to peek out. With all of the hints and advise I received in this thread I was able to find vertical pleated blinds with multiple panels, 1 for the windshield area and 1 for each side with velcro attachments. They can also attach weights to the bottom to prevent sailing but I don't think that will be as big of an issue with blinds. I may opt to replace the drapes with drapes but now I have an option.

Thanks Winnie owners

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET