Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Windsheild Wiper Arms Issue

I have an 05 Winnebago Journey and the wiper arms on the passenger side started acting up. The arm will not stop like normal and goes all the way over to the drivers side. The outside components look ok, however, it is hard to see inside the front cap to where the wiper arms system is. Anyone have this problem and fix it? Is there someplace I can get a diagram of the wiper system so I can see how the whole system works. Thanks All.
Jackhal1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhal1949 View Post
I have an 05 Winnebago Journey and the wiper arms on the passenger side started acting up. The arm will not stop like normal and goes all the way over to the drivers side. The outside components look ok, however, it is hard to see inside the front cap to where the wiper arms system is. Anyone have this problem and fix it? Is there someplace I can get a diagram of the wiper system so I can see how the whole system works. Thanks All.
Jackhal1949, Is this observed with 1 arm or both arms?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Reach up inside the cap and make sure the nuts on the ends of the shafts are tight. If the nut on the smaller of the two arms gets loose, it will make the wiper behave as you describe.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Just one arm the smaller one, I think. At least that what it seems like. Thanks, Jack
Old 07-12-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, Smlranger! I'll get to get a good look at it today as it has stopped rain and I can take my time checking it out.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Similiar problem ...

One of my wiper blades quit wiping as it was designed ...

I discovered there was lots of "slack" where the mechanism came through the front shell ... I pulled the rubber grommet forward, then used a large adjustable wrench to tighten the nut underneath to remove all of the slack.

It solved my problem ..
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I think I have solved my wiper arm problem. The acorn nut that holds the main wiper arm on is stripped and will not hold the arm tight so the arm slips. I have never tighten the nut so I'm not sure how it go stripped but the nut is made of a soft white metal that looks corroded so maybe the threads just corroded away. Have ordered the part from my local Winnebago dealer. Let you all know how it works out when I get the part. Maybe I put some lock tight on it when I put the new nut on. Anyone else have this problem with the acorn nut?