OK, time to replace that rear, top left clearance light. It should only take ten or fifteen minutes.
1. Find the replacement light, is it in the garage or the motorhome? Great, I found it! 20min
2. Get the ladder from the back yard. Oops, I need to take down that party decoration that's been hanging up there for three months. 15min
3. Find my tools. 20min
4. Can't find my butt connectors so I'll solder the wires. Find the soldering iron. 15min
5. Climb up, remove the old light, solder in the new one. 10min
6. Forgot to put the heat shrink tubing on before soldering, I'll use electrical tape, but where is it? Climb down, look for it. 5min
7. Climb back up, tape the splices and mount the new light. 5min
Total Time, not including clean-up and putting everything away = 1 1/2 hours!
(But #5 + #7 did only take fifteen minutes)
The good news is, I found a couple of other parts and several tools that had gone missing. Now, time to get on to the next job, it should only take an hour or so.