Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2024, 03:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Where to find replacement windows 1990 micro-warrior?

We are fixing up a 1990 Micro-Warrior Model and having a hard time finding a replacement window here in Maine for one of the front windows that has a crack. Does anyone know where to go to find one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 5.02.06 PM.png
Views:	13
Size:	329.1 KB
ID:	189157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 5.02.12 PM.png
Views:	13
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	189158  

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 5.02.17 PM.png
Views:	12
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	189159  
montgoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 04:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Donít you just remove the framed window and have an auto glass shop replace the glass?

Iíve never had this problem but always thought thatís what I would do if I were to crack a window in my RV.

RV windows are not all that special. There are many online options, as well:

https://www.recpro.com/rv-windows/

https://www.easyrvwindows.com/
Old 06-12-2024, 07:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That's what I thought too...that they'd be able to cut the glass themselves and pop it in, they don't even have any curve... but every place I call insists that I have to get the window from the manufacturer and then they would install it. I can't find a replacement window though, I sent an email to an RV salvage lot in Kentucky today to see if they have any. I had no idea about the resources you sent...thank you so much for those links. I'll check them out! Appreciate it!!
Old 06-12-2024, 07:33 PM   #4
Site Team

The RV salvage yards specialize in big brand popular units. Mostly expensive motorhomes. From my experience finding a window from an older Class C is unlikely. But you never know.

Besides the two links I posted there are others as well. Try a Google search for Replacement RV Windows and youíll see a whole list.
Old 06-13-2024, 02:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I do not know if this will help. Last year I was looking for a glass shop that would defog my entire door window. I had no luck as you are finding no one wants to touch rv's.

Anyway one of the shops I talked to mentioned going to big box and getting their glass quality plexiglass and cutting it myself. Just a thought

Good Luck
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 07:23 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

There must be some form of communications problem here!
Cutting curves is a no brainer if you are speaking of flat glass! Even the cut/stained glass folks like my wife cut curves all the time.

If it is a curved section that is not flat, then it has to be formed. Things like a car windshield are different as it is a three dimensional thing.

Did you take it to let them look at the question?

A local ad:

Name:	gl.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	189179
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 11:10 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I'm not having any luck with salvage lots or those links so far...someone suggested plexiglass and I was thinking the same thing so I may try that. I'll keep searching-thank you for your helpful responses! In the meantime I'm making curtains to cover it up!
Old 06-15-2024, 11:17 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I was thinking that too but my husband says that plexiglass is a bear to cut...splinters..but I'm wondering if the glass quality plexiglass would be easier to cut. That is probably what we'll end up doing. Thank you for your reply!
Old 06-15-2024, 11:21 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I haven't taken it there, just conversation over the phone and every place I talk to says I need to get the glass from Winnebago and then they'd install it. But I think you're right, I should drive it there so they can see it's just a flat piece of glass (not convex at all) with curved sides...I don't see what they can't do that!! Kinda frustrating!
Thanks!!
Old 06-16-2024, 07:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

If you are handy, itís possible to just replace the glass while reusing the frame. I did this on our Sunova when a couple of the windows in the drivers area had fogged up, making it difficult to see the mirrors in warm weather.

Several sources online, I ordered mine through here: https://www.rvglass.com/

In a nutshell:
1. Remove window from RV.
2. Clean remaining Butyl tape from RV and window frame.
3. On the window frame, look for the metal joint. Unscrew this and the window frame can be ďopenedĒ slightly. Slide the window glass out of the frame in this direction.
4. Remove the rubber gasket from the old glass, install on new.
5. Slide new window glass back into frame. (I find windex or simple green in the track helps it slide and evaporates)
6. Screw the frame back together.
7. Install new butyl rubber on the window frame.
8. Install window back on RV.

There are some videos on YouTube that might help as well. Itís a LOT easier job with 2 people.
Old 06-16-2024, 11:59 PM   #11
1996 Itasca 29Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgoli View Post
That's what I thought too...that they'd be able to cut the glass themselves and pop it in, they don't even have any curve... but every place I call insists that I have to get the window from the manufacturer and then they would install it. I can't find a replacement window though, I sent an email to an RV salvage lot in Kentucky today to see if they have any. I had no idea about the resources you sent...thank you so much for those links. I'll check them out! Appreciate it!!
You could replace the glass with a polycarbonate panel, just remove the window and take the frame apart! The plastic panel can be cut on a bandsaw.
Bobn1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 12:20 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much for the step by step instructions! We're getting used to just going in and doing things ourselves with our mini and definitely look at YouTubes for help so maybe we'll give it a go. I did finally find someone to cut the glass today! Yeah!
Old 06-17-2024, 12:22 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

hmmm, I've never heard of that material, just checked it out and it looks pretty good! I did finally find someone to cut the glass! Yeah! Thanks for your help!!
Old 06-17-2024, 07:20 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

If you do go the new glass in old frame route, a couple of pointers:

Be carefull opening the frame to pull the glass out. You donít want to bend the frame by opening too far.

Be carefull with the rubber gasket, itís crucial to the new window not leaking. It should pull off the old glass but can sometimes stick with age, take your time not to tear it.

Good luck!
Old 06-18-2024, 11:01 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

I'm sure you can find a local supplier that will not only sell you what you need but cut to order. In my area I'd go to Tap Plastics but I don't know if they have stores outside CA.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 11:47 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastvalve View Post
If you do go the new glass in old frame route, a couple of pointers:

Be carefull opening the frame to pull the glass out. You donít want to bend the frame by opening too far.

Be carefull with the rubber gasket, itís crucial to the new window not leaking. It should pull off the old glass but can sometimes stick with age, take your time not to tear it.

Good luck!
This is helpfulÖ.someone is willing to cut and replace glass next week and Iíll pass this info along-thank you!
Old 06-19-2024, 11:50 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

I finally found someone to cut and replace! Fingers crossed! Thank you!
Old 06-19-2024, 12:12 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Battery problems vintage micro warrior

We have 1990 mini Winnie micro warrior and having problems with 12 volt battery. The battery is saying itís charged but since we plugged into the 120 V none of the lights work..only the big items like AC and fridge workÖwe just had a new converter installed. A relay in the battery compartment is making a clicking sound. We checked fuses and all look good but am wondering if thereís a fuse weíre not checking. Also just had hot water heater installed but the switch for that runs off the 12V so thatís not working either. Weíre on our maiden voyage with her!
(This is the same person with window issues)

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, window