Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Wet Carpet

Am not sure if this a Winnebago or Workhorse question but here goes...The carpet in front of passenger seat is soaked....Am thinking that the condensate drain might be plugged on the a/c...We have "dirtdobbers" here that love to build their nests in the tubes that are usually used for these drains...The problem is I am not sure where the drain is located on my unit...2003 Winnebage Adventurer,38G, on a W22 chassis.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Finding leaks is a bear to say the least. Had a very similar problem in my 99 Monaco - the only way I found it was to have my wife stand outside with the hose and spray one section of the roof at a time - finally showed up and retraced it's origin - ended up to be a small leak at the cap and the sidewall - a little sealant and all gone!!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

It may not be same issue you are having but we found when the space in front of the air intake under the dash is blocked, a lot of water will build up and wet the carpet.
My wife was storing the Trailer Life RV park locater and some other stuff in the footwell in front of her seat and that blocked the return air.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hey beanjr... Most have a tube ...rubber more than likely...passenger side under dash craw under behind the right front tire and should be near passengers side in the foot area clean out with a coat hanger.............or blow air in and watch the dust fly!!!
She and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanjr View Post
....Am thinking that the condensate drain might be plugged on the a/c....
Would this affect the AC cooling?
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Wet Carpet

The clogged drain should not effect the performance of the a/c but the situation mentioned by Clay will....Thanks for all the replies...Will try locate the tube on mine.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Found Problem

There is an aluminum gutter that runs the length of the roof on both sides just above the slide awnings. The factory caulks this seam to seal the area between roof and gutter but due to weather exposure and/or road flexing the caulking had to be redone. Also did the front cap to roof joint while up there...