Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Weep hole covers "14 suncruiser 38Q

Just purchased this coach and its missing a weep vent cover passenger side by seat, have one that is very loose on drivers door too. I have found the part numbers, but no one seems to have them but dealer. Right side 174959-01-cht or by parts catalog 174959-01-01A. Left side 174959-02-cht or 174959-02-01A. looking for source. Had no problems with our "02 Suncruiser 35U finding on Amazon.
Thanx for suggestions.
MacGyver612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
try https://colawrv.com
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Assuming they look like these:

SEGI Weep Hole Cover, Left 500098 **Back Order Notes**: nwrvsupply.com

You can buy from Lichtstinn RV, I think they were around $2.00 each when I bought them. There is a left and a right version, not interchangeable.

https://www.lichtsinn.com/
Old 08-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I ordered from this :
https://leisurervparts.com/
Very happy with their response and price but they have not arrived yet due to the mail slowdown. It was mailed USPS and the dealer has advised that they are getting very slow shipping currently. But I'm not in a rush and it was under $5 for the three I needed. Might give them a call to verify the correct as they do it all the time and seemed to go without looking it up for me.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 10:43 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I need two of these this morning. I saw on ebay they were selling 2 for $39!!!

Other links got me no where but Leisure RV Parts site had them for $4.99 each. So before ordering I call a local dealer to see what they sold for. I was told $2.99 each. So I drive miles to get 2 of the Driver side. They were priced $2.99 but when they rung up it would not accept. They said the best they could do was sell for $5.50, I believe their new price is $6.50 each. So I bought the 2 for tad under $12 out of the door.

The irony is I noted both of these were loose when RV was under warranty. They fixed, but today while washing the RV with the added heat I noticed one was loose. When I looked closer they had just glued it back in I am sure back then it was only $1.99 each.

So I used the Goo Gone and cleaned it up and snapped new in.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 02:31 PM   #6
Site Team

Hum, I got them on Amazon the last time I needed them. $1.99 and free 2-day shipping. I see them for $5.99 most places now.

I have removed all of mine, cleaned up the area and reattached them with a clear outdoor caulking adhesive around the outside edge. Haven't lost one since then.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:45 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Same here but used black silicone caulk.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 06:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Anyone know root cause of the failure?

I had two on driver that were loose when coach was brand new. So dealer versus replace; chose some type of gooey glue, looks like gorilla glue. It has been 3 years no issues when any of the other 6, but today when washing I hit one with brush and noticed it was loose, curious I started to pull on and saw the glue. I cleaned it all out removing all of the glues and just put in new part. The other one, right next to it that they repaired I assume it has glue too, it is loose but I did not take out. I got a new one waiting for it if it gets worse.

7 of them seem very firm.

But for sure, this is a repair I can handle $6

I will be careful washing around them in future from here on out though.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 07-09-2022, 06:26 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
. When I looked closer they had just glued it back in

They just clip in, but only barely. If you don't use some kind of glue/adhesive they are going to fall out again. Doesn't matter if they cost $2 or $20, they need to be glued.
Old 07-09-2022, 06:44 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyocamper View Post
They just clip in, but only barely. If you don't use some kind of glue/adhesive they are going to fall out again. Doesn't matter if they cost $2 or $20, they need to be glued.
Do you think or know if they were glued at the factory? The new one and 6 others are very tight. I had no idea of glue until this morning. Originally I was of opinion the dealer was skimping on proper repair, but maybe not? Then on the other side, it is the same two that dealer supposedly replaced, but glued that actually came loose (3 years later).

If I loose the one I put in today, I guess I will know, or if one of the other 6 ever work loose, I can take it out to see if Winnebago used glue? I have spare driver side for the 2nd one that the dealer glued that I suspect may be the next one to come loose if any ever become a problem in the future.
Old 07-09-2022, 06:56 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

I think if they had been glued at the factory we wouldn't be having this recurring discussion.
Old 07-09-2022, 07:09 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I think if they had been glued at the factory we wouldn't be having this recurring discussion.
Hear me out. So going on the fact they were not glued at the factory.

What I am saying is I have 8 total. 2 were loose when RV was new ( just bought). I have no idea why they came loose; but I am guessing it is no coincidence that they are right next to each other on driver side. I suspect something hit them?

So the Dealer versus replacing with new ones, they used glue. The glued ones have worked loose, I hit one this morning with brush washing the RV. It just happened to be a glued one, as I could see the gooey stuff.

This is why I asked what was root cause of failures, because from my view, those properly installed were / are just fine. I can't imagine the new one I snapped in today being any stronger?

Another way to look at it, I thought we were having the discussion today, because this morning I thought the Dealer did a lazy warranty repair on my new RV versus replacing broken parts? So I search the forum to try find where to buy the parts, thus I tapped into this thread, I was going to order from Leisure RV Parts per a suggestion made by Morich, but I kind of got lured into bait and switch by a local dealer by price. It was only $12; so no big deal, especially since I got parts today.
Old 07-09-2022, 10:16 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Now that you've felt how strongly the new ones snap in, stick a knife point under them and see how strongly they stay on.

When I replaced my missing ones due to wind noise the new ones snapped in very firmly. But I decided that I wanted to put some adhesive on them anyway, and pried them off again. Most of them literally fell off with just a very slight pressure from the knife. A few small dots of Lexell adhesive on each one will hopefully keep them attached permanently.
Old 07-10-2022, 07:12 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Now that you've felt how strongly the new ones snap in, stick a knife point under them and see how strongly they stay on.

When I replaced my missing ones due to wind noise the new ones snapped in very firmly. But I decided that I wanted to put some adhesive on them anyway, and pried them off again. Most of them literally fell off with just a very slight pressure from the knife. A few small dots of Lexell adhesive on each one will hopefully keep them attached permanently.
That would be akin to destructive testing. I can afford the luxury of waiting to allow one to fail on it's own merits of normal usage, not as the result of some unintended or intended mechanical force to assist with it's demise. So far 100% of all that were known snapped it (installed properly) have not failed in 3 years 8 months. I have reason to believe, the 2 that fail were due to mechanical force?

With that said; I get glue, especially the right one, may make it stronger. Or in the case of the 2 repaired with glue on my RV; they lasted 3 1/2 years to maybe 4 years on the 2nd one. The more you speak and convince me, it may make me proactively remove the 2nd one that was glued on. I can replace it with my backup new one (bought yesterday morning) with the snap in fit and call it a day.

There is a paradox here, from my experience; and I tend to believe what I see... I see the glue (adhesive) used by Winnebago Dealer as temporary band-aid to appease me (it worked for 3 1/2 years); whereas you see the glue (adhesive) as a permanent solution. The evidence I posted on this thread proves that the glue / adhesive is NOT a permanent solution. So if it is ok, I wish to try fixing it the right the way as it should have been fixed the 1st time by dealer.

When any of them fail, you can be sure I will come back stating the failure and root cause as to why I believed it failed.

My lesson learned:
If I ever buy another new RV that is under warranty, I will try my best to repair as many warranty items myself hoping I can get the parts from Winnebago. Sometimes taking a RV in for warranty work is fools gold.

Tags
suncruiser