Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Why am I hearing a rapid beeping sound from the awning control box that's mounted on the front wall of the compartment right under the passenger's seat? The coach has been setting in my back yard for 2 weeks, has been winterized, the awning is in the in position, and nothing else has changed in the last several days. I just noticed it a while ago when I was in that compartment but didn't leave it open very long since its 16 degrees outside.
Any ideas or thoughts? At first thought it was one of the detectors inside the coach but upon further checking the sound is coming from the awning control box.

Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Why am I hearing a rapid beeping sound from the awning control box that's mounted on the front wall of the compartment right under the passenger's seat? The coach has been setting in my back yard for 2 weeks, has been winterized, the awning is in the in position, and nothing else has changed in the last several days. I just noticed it a while ago when I was in that compartment but didn't leave it open very long since its 16 degrees outside.
Any ideas or thoughts? At first thought it was one of the detectors inside the coach but upon further checking the sound is coming from the awning control box.

Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
Old 12-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

When water get in the wind scencer it will do that. When the water dries out it will stop. That's the way mine works.
Randy Chesnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I can't remember why they beep when it's cold but there's a tiny toggle switch on the back side of that box. I just turn it off for the duration.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Oh, good. Was afraid I might have to be getting out in this frigid weather to do something. Guess that was what I heard a week or two ago but by the time I checked everything inside and got back outside it had stopped. Will it eventually wear out if it just keeps beeping? And does it serve any particular purpose? Thanks for the prompt reply.

Wagonmaster2
Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DonavonP:
I can't remember why they beep when it's cold but there's a tiny toggle switch on the back side of that box. I just turn it off for the duration. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marvelous. I just ran out and toggled the beeper off. Have had this coach 4 1/2 years and still finding little buttons and switches I didn't know existed. Thanks so much.

Wagonmaster2
Old 12-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Here's a link to a thread with more details: WeatherPro Awning

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Hi wagonmaster2,
My assumption is you have a roof mounted tower sensor. The beep may be caused by water. When it gets warmer and you feel the roof sensor has had time to dry out return the switch to the enable position. If the beeping is gone, consider drilling a 1/4" hole at the bottom of the roof sensor tower. Drill the hole from the rear of the sensor tower. This will allow water to drain from the tower.

If the beeping remains, the sensor or control board are not functioning.

When beeping, you can still deploy the awning by moving the switch to the disable position.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

This is in your WeatherPro manual.

The WeatherPro will beep if turned on and temperature drops below 32. Possibly a warning that water may be frozen on or behind the rolled up awning. Turn the switch OFF and turn back ON in the Spring.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I have the same problem. After checking I have found that if the beeping continues after it warms up it indicates a problem with the sensor or the control board. As mentioned just toggle the switch to off and you can continue without the automatic retract function.
Hope it's just the winter weather for you,
Old 12-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Same with mine. When it gets cold and icey the box beeps.

Dont forget to turn the switch back on in the spring or you wont have wind protection.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:02 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

I am experiencing the same problem but unfortunately moisture or temperature is not the problem in my case. I also can not keep my awning extended when I have the system enabled, it will retract automatically after about a minute. I have to manuallly extend or retract my awning in the disabled position. I had it checked out by an RV dealer and he determined it is a conflict between the sensor and control box and both units neeed to be replaced as they come as a set. The price quoted is 269.00 plus installation. Good luck.

Banks,Safe-T-Plus, Davis Tru-Trac, Rear Stablizer, Garmin 7200
Don Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:38 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

This info was sent to me in response to this topic:

IMPORTANT: The wind sensor will only function correctly if the airway to the sensing element is clear. Keep airway clear of dust, insects, ice, snow, or other debris. The sensing element can be cleaned with a mild soap solution and a small soft bristle brush.

NOTE: The awning control box contains an audible alarm. This alarm will sound if the wind sensor is exposed to temperatures below 30 degrees when the sensor switch is "ENABLED," or when the awning control has detected a problem either in the wind sensor or the wind sensor cable. If you hear a beeping sound coming from the control box when the sensor switch is in the "ENABLED" position, one of the following situations has occurred:

1) the wind sensor feature (cable broken or unplugged) is not functioning
2) outdoor ambient temperature is below 30F.

Solution: Turn the sensor switch to the "DISABLE" position and wait until the ambient temperature is above 30 degrees F, then turn switch back to "ENABLE."

If alarm is still sounding, contact a Dometic Service Center or a qualified service technician.

NOTE: Awning is not intended for cold weather operation. Awning will close at approximately 30 degrees F with sensor turned to "ENABLE."
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

The 30 degree temperature certainly would contribute to my beeping problem, temperatures are in the 9's to 22's now. Wonder how often this has happened in the last 4 years of ownership and I just never heard it. We always have several days if not weeks below 30 degrees every winter. Its a wonder the beeper is even working if its gone off every winter.
Thanks for all the information, and to you "smlranger" for posting the information you received.

Wagonmaster2
Old 12-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Great tip.

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote