Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #1
PIC
Winnebago Owner

Wax on Wax off ?

Micro Minnie 2106 FBS. Orange and white siding with black decals. Unit went into service 1 year ago. So, it's probably been in the elements 18 months+/- . It really still looks great but I think I need to clean it up and put a protective coating on it. Considering that I don't want to Cut In around the decals what product do you recommend? I bought some Nu Finish which I have use before on cars and boats but before i open it I just thought I asked around. Thanks, PAT
PIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:52 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I've been using Mequiars 21 polymer on my full paint with great success. Easy on - easy off, not too pricey and works well on our Jeep also. Might be worth a try on a test spot on your decals and body paint.

If you do use it be sure that the coach gets a very good cleaning - the 21 will 'seal in' any road grime, tar, etc. You should notice improvement on the first coat - it gets better as you get 3 - 4 coats on.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

DO NOT use NuFinish on that camper. NuFinish is a cleaner wax and is abrasive. I have used a Carnauba Wax in the past. It will make the Orange pop. The downside is most Carnauba waxes don't last long.

I'm going to test this. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s...EaAtxaEALw_wcB

This is supposed to be the fastest and easiest wax to use. However, it's a sealer and for best results I would use a Carnauba Wax first then apply the Ultimate to seal.

NuFinish should only be used on a car that is bad shape and needs restored.

You will get many opinions on wax, and this is just my opinion of course.

I have waxed several campers and of late my 2017 Vista LX 30T. Boy was that a chore. I'm looking for something fast and easy. I wouldn't mind having to re-apply the ultimate fast finish multiple times if I had too. Youtube it.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

REJEX

I have used a product called REJEX for years. It works on my cars,trucks,RV's (both gelcoat and full paint) and most importantly my motorcycle. If the vehicle has been waxed or had a sealer recently used on it I wash it with Dawn and hot water to remove traces of the wax. I then proceed with the REJEX as per manu. instructions. Rejex is a sealer that bonds to the paint and is super slick. My 12 year old Jayco class C (in Wyoming with the high UV) looked brand new when it was totaled, no faded or dull paint. Rejex was invented for aircraft to protect the paint from carbon tracking. It worked well for that and was then reformulated to also shine. Now living in Florida and use it on my vehicles,apply twice a year and the love bugs wash off with just a high pressure hose and if really baked on a swipe with the hand. Dirt doesn't stick to it very much and a rain will give you a fresh washed look. On my old Jayco I put it on the whole unit stripes and all. Amazon sells it and a little goes a long way.
rckmtn12 is offline   Reply With Quote