Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-04-2021, 03:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Water pump surging

Took our Sunstar LX 27N out for a three day camping trip this week. I noticed something weird with the water pump, it's surging, pumps water continuously but it seems to be strong for a five seconds then soft for five seconds. I had blown out all the lines and emptied all the tanks before winter and this was the first time I've used it this year. Any ideas on what I should look for?
starcrwzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:04 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I think that can happen if the main tank valve is left on "Tank Fill" instead of "Normal". Seems like that's all it was when mine did that, anyway.
Old 04-04-2021, 03:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

When you charged the system for use (filled with water) did you bleed the air out of all the lines? Open every water tap/faucet until you get a steady flow (not burping or intermittent). Include external shower or other water exit points. See if that helps.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 05:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

If you have a pump that runs continuously, there is a leak letting air or water out or the pump is not getting enough water to it.
remember that the pump can do much better pumping water than air, even though it can prime itself and when it pumps enough water to build the set pressure it is designed to stop.
I would also suggest checking the fil/normal valve. While at it make sure there is enough water for it to pump to build pressure and stop. It is possible that it is just one drain valve left in the wrong position but we tend to notice the water running out on the ground.
But I really think it is more like the pump is trying to blow up a balloon but there is a hole in it!!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 05:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I found the problem, had a drain valve just barely open, closed it good and all is well. Thanks everyone.
starcrwzr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump