Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2021, 05:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water leak from roof

Have had water intrusion leaks over coach door
since nearly day one of my 2020 View 24D.

It is now two years old. Will Winnabago still “extend”
warrant for same continuing issue beyond the one year warranty?

Had issue back to buying dealer at least two times and obviously issue wasn’t resolved or is a chronic one.

I don’t want to return to buying dealer as I lost all faith in them.
Bobbettyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

If I have understood you correctly... You've noticed a leak for two years and are now wondering if you take it to another dealership, will Winnebago extend your warranty for possible damage? To be honest, I have no idea.
Have you, or more exactly, is there a record of you reporting a leak? How was the problem handled? I've found documentation of problems for warranty purposes an absolute must.
If you know where the leak is on the RV, I'd be tempted to reseal the problem area myself. Maybe someone who has had a Winnebago claim will chime in.
Good Luck.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:53 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Since this was new style/configuration for cab -over for 2020 there was service campaign to bring these back for some major resealing etc. which I did. Since then I have had it back to local dealer couple of times at least and even to Lichtsinnn near factory.

Yes there should be records from all these dealers.
I will call factory and ask for recommendations. I have no faith in my local selling dealer.

Isn’t it frustrating when they tell you issue resolved and it isn’t.
Bobbettyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, roof, water, water leak