Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone noticed water collecting internally in the door that has the water heat vent penetration. It looks as though the water infiltrates through the backside of the external skin, I think I'll try some silicone sealer around the seam... what do y'all think??

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone noticed water collecting internally in the door that has the water heat vent penetration. It looks as though the water infiltrates through the backside of the external skin, I think I'll try some silicone sealer around the seam... what do y'all think??

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Old 11-15-2005, 11:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Are you talking about the top of water heater to the side wall? Check also the top of your furnace housing had a leak on other MH water made it to under side of wood kitchen floor causing ripple floor. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Just had that same problem fixed at dealer... that's what they did -- silicone the the horizontal and vertical gaps on both the front and inside skin. Fixed the problem just fine, although I should have done it myself -- I could have done a much neater job. At least it doesn't leak anymore.
bbk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:18 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I think bbk3 hit the nail on the head. I've had that water issue since my coacxh was new... Open up the compartment door and water drips back out of the 'sandwiched' panel. And like bbk3 says, it's something I should have fixed myself (LOL, I still haven't gotten a round tuit).
Old 11-19-2005, 07:55 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Well, today I picked up some RTV Silicone Sealer and sealed the "sandwich" the next rain or wash job will tell me if I was successful...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Old 11-21-2005, 01:10 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Are you all sure that the water is from rain or washing? Just mayby it is from the cheap plastic fitting on the back of your water heater that is not tappered and constantly leaks water from it. You don't notice it until you look behind your water heater and see it dripping. Most of us can't get behind the water heater and have a look see. Use a telescoping mirror.I had this problem and even my dealer couldn't get me the correct fitting, I just replaced it with brass fittings myself. Not an easy job since I didn't remove the tank.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 04:24 PM   #8
ymi
Winnebago Camper

Had the repair done at a dealer - wanted it on documentation in case there was a problem later. Silicone sealing around the opening took care of the water problem. It was indeed water entering the "lamination".
Old 11-30-2005, 02:50 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I had the same problem when we were camping together at Holly Shores with you and Al. I brought the rig back and told them that my compartment next to the water heater was getting wet when it rains. They put a new rubber gasket around the compartment opening. That took care of the compartment from getting wet; but after it rains I noticed that water still runs out of the door when I open it up.

Cap't Bud, let me know how you make out after you silicone the door.
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote