Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-27-2020, 03:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Water Hose storage?

How do you store your fresh water hose when your trailer is in storage? Do you connect the ends together? Do you store it in a bag? Just trying to figure out how to keep it clean and not spoil it.
simonwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Mine lives in a clear plastic tub with the ends not connected.
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
we usedto keep ours on portable hose reel. when we bought our current MH 5-yrs ago we had the dealer install two motorized reels, one for the fresh water hose and another for the 50-amp cord.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:04 PM   #4
Site Team

I just use the caps which came with my Water Filter.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I store my hose in a flat plastic tray with 4inch sides. I have the end of the hose that hooks up to the coach at the bottom of the roll, I only have to unroll enough to get to the campground spigot. When finished I always connect the two ends, one never knows what could end up calling that home.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

We use Zero-G hoses for our fresh water and black tank flush lines.

These hoses collapse down to smaller volume when not being used.

We're able to fold up the fresh water hose and store it in the water compartment, between the handles and the door.

The black tank flush hose we store in a plastic storage container along with an extension to our sewer hose and sewer hose wrench.

The Zero-G hoses are very easy to work with and store...
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Cord pro xl

I use a cord pro xl for my water hose and electric cable, keeps everything neat and tidy. As for winter storage we live in Tucson so winter storage isn’t much of an issue for us. Plus winter is a great time to go RVing in the southwest. The weather is great and because most people think winter is a bad time to go the RV parks are almost never full sometimes winter rates are cheaper as well.
mlien477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We use a flex metal watering hose and cap it for winter. Super easy to deploy and retrieve. It gathers into a small basket with ease. I think the minimum radius bend is about 3".
rheine3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Use a zero G hose for fresh and flush. Each is stored in a color coded plastic shoe box that has latching lid. Have used for five years now
Woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:35 PM   #10
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Whatever hose you use, I’d suggest making sure all water is out of the hose, and then connect the two ends for storage. If you’re worried about mold. You could flush a diluted amount of chlorine through the hose before storage., and recluse before your next use.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I store mine in a bucket with lid.
Birdie2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:32 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Whatever hose you use, I’d suggest making sure all water is out of the hose, and then connect the two ends for storage. If you’re worried about mold. You could flush a diluted amount of chlorine through the hose before storage., and recluse before your next use.
I've been doing this for the many years I've been camping. Once in the spring I'll run some bleach through them and every time I use them I run some water through them before hooking them up.
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

I don't worry about water in the hose but do add 1/8 tsp household bleach per gallon of water to the freshwater tank of the RV whenever I am putting in water from any source. I carry a small 4 oz plastic bottle with the bleach.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 05:03 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
at most i’ll spray the hookup bib with bleach but i haven’t even been doing that lately. we’re still here.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 05:04 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

We do not work to keep mold and such from growing in the hose but we do close the ends to keep bugs, etc out. One point on the question of sanitizing the hose is that the normal tap water is required to have a specific amount of chlorine as residual, so if you are using an approved water source, it is likely to already have the right amount of chlorine in it. Just a simple flush of water any time we hookup is okay with us. One reason we run some water through the hose after we hook to the supply is that there are times when spiders live in the faucet end and we like to think the flush before hookup will blow it out instead of putting it in the RV lines!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

My house is on a well and no chlorine is added. Same applies to hose bibs at state and national park and USFS and BLM campgrounds. City water is fine if we have access to a hose big without problems from the owner although in places like Detroit the water is not safe to drink - safer than bottled water which is not regulated or tested by anyone. My house well is tested every 90 days and so I know it has no problem unlike what I get at a campground.

Ever get the sulphur smell in the hot water in an RV? That is from the bacteria growing inside the tank and it does take a tiny amount of chlorine to kill it.

Where people go wrong is in putting in too much bleach as it only takes 1/8 teaspoon of the low concentration bleach to disable the critters.

If the feds and states continue to allow fracking then many aquifers will be poisoned forever and only distilled water will be safe to drink.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, water