Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2018, 09:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

water drain valve 38J adventurer

The manual for the 2006 adventurer 38J shows a fresh water tank drain valve that is a pull handle, however, the 2006 38J RV that I have shows a similar handle and the nearby sticker says to turn the handle vertical or horizontal to open or close. I have tried both ways and not had any success in draining the fresh water tank. Where is the tank actually located? I hope that I can crawl underneath and get an eyeball on the actual valve and try to figure it out but any factual help would be appreciated. How about just opening a fitting to let the water out?
dawa106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I finally did get under the RV on a mechanics dolly and looked all over. I spotted an enclosure about in the exact middle of the RV high up with a removable panel and a pipe elbow attached pointing down. I am guessing that this is where the tank and drain valve is and by taking the panel off I may be able to open the drain valve before it gets really cold.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I am surprised that no one answered your question. I can not believe that you would have to crawl under you rv to drain the tank. On my 35u you have to reach far into the compartment on the passenger side behind the entry door. It is on the rear of the tank. I wonder if the one you found is broken. If so you need to get it fixed before it gets to cold. Hopefully someone with the same rig that you have chimes in and tells you the exact location.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

On my Journey, the pull handle you describe in in one of the basement compartments on the passenger side beside the water tank (which is behind the compartments and not visible). It is 20 to 24 inches into the compartment. Keep looking and you will find it!
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Tank drain

Thanks for the replies. The tank drain handle Is easy enough to find on my RV but it is frozen and will not budge or do anything. I have read on another forum that it is necessary to find a removable panel on the tank enclosure and drain it manually.. My Adventurer is a 2006 with only 25K miles. And in good shape for the most part. it has a few warts and the tank drain is the worst one so far.. The weather in N Illinois has been mild so far and I will be heading south in a few days so draining may not be a big issue any longer. However I sure do wish the drain handle worked as it is supposed to.

Tags
adventurer, vent, water