Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Warranty work approval

I dropped my Winnie off at Lazy Days in Denver on January 19th for some warranty work. I called today and they are awaiting authorization from Winnebago for the repairs. There isn't much major, just a few switches and odds and ends. Has anyone, as an owner, been able to call Winnebago and see what is taking so long? Our warranty expires in 3/6 and we have a trip planned for 3/23.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
if it were me i'd call winnie first thing monday morning.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

My experience is Winnebago authorizes warranty work very quickly. Me thinks the problem is with Lazy Days. Call or send an email to Winnebago with your coach serial number. Tell them what you said in your post. I bet they respond within 24 hours and tell you what's going on.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Thanks all. I'll call then Monday.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:18 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridakamper View Post
My experience is Winnebago authorizes warranty work very quickly. Me thinks the problem is with Lazy Days. Call or send an email to Winnebago with your coach serial number. Tell them what you said in your post. I bet they respond within 24 hours and tell you what's going on.
I have to agree... It has been my experience that the Dealership is generally the cause of the delay. These service advisors are usually overloaded with work. IMHO, squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:21 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

You learn quickly that dealers are a major delay. The dealers only want to sell, not repair. We either fix minor things ourselves; get a pre-approval from Winnie and have an independent fix or get it fixed, documen and send to Winnie(did this twice and paid in full).

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I talked to Brian at Winnebago today. He said that he could not see any request for parts or warranty authorization for my VIN. I asked him if could call the dealer and he said he would then call me back. Hopefully he'll call me back tomorrow with a good resolution.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Oh I'm so surprised! Sounds like Lazy Days is taking a page from Camping Worlds play book. The next thing is you'll get a call that it's repaired. Have them take you out to the rig and demonstrated that it has been repaired. Good luck
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
I talked to Brian at Winnebago today. He said that he could not see any request for parts or warranty authorization for my VIN. I asked him if could call the dealer and he said he would then call me back. Hopefully he'll call me back tomorrow with a good resolution.
and then..

1 - I'd have a chat with a suit at LD and ask some hard questions
2 - once the work is done and you're satisfied I'd never get anywhere near LD ever again
3 - I'd petition Winnebago to extend your warranty to cover these repairs as well as to extend it for all the days LD sat on their hands.

good luck

Old 02-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Respectfully, it is not Winnebago's fault that Lazy Days is sitting on their hands and delaying the warranty work. Why should Winnebago extend the warranty?

I do agree with point #1. I would definitely want to know why they lied... As to point #2, it could be a lazy or overworked service advisor and not necessarily the entire service department. If you decide to have work done there again, I would deal with a different advisor.

Just my thoughts!

Good luck.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

as a goodwill gesture. and regardless of "why" i would never do business with LD again. fool me once....

Old 02-21-2018, 02:33 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I followed up with Winnebago today. They left a message for LD to call them and me, which they haven't done. Mitch asked me to send them a list of repairs and they would cover them even if LD's continues to drag their feet. We toyed with the idea of buying a Tiffin from LD's; that's e big nope now.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

good decision.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
good decision.
It's baffling that they're not calling Winnebago back.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:28 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

that should tell you all you need to know about LD. I'd have a conversation with a suit at LD and demand they start work immediately.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:45 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I have worked with Brian on a couple of warranty issues and out of warranty issues on our Journey. He is a good guy. After working through him, warranty items were instantly authorized and shipped to me within a couple of days. They also instantly authorized warranty work for mobile tech to repair minus service call. Your problem is not with Winnebago.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVThunder View Post
I have worked with Brian on a couple of warranty issues and out of warranty issues on our Journey. He is a good guy. After working through him, warranty items were instantly authorized and shipped to me within a couple of days. They also instantly authorized warranty work for mobile tech to repair minus service call. Your problem is not with Winnebago.
I agree 100%
Old 02-23-2018, 03:40 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

I had a similar problem with a repair. I had the repair done and on a lark I sent the bill with pictures to Winnebago, hoping for some $$$. The dealer would not call Winnie back, in the end(couple of months), Nicholas?, who was trying to get in contact with the dealer got an approval to pay the entire bill. It was around $500. I was surprised at this.

I have nothing but good to say about their customer service.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:53 PM   #19
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridakamper View Post
Agree completely...have had 3 warranty issues (all minor) but got authorization in 1-2 days every time. The issue is likely with the dealer.

D
Old 02-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #20
Winnie-Wise

I was on hold for an hour (no joke) then talked with the dealer. The approval came through for most everything. They said that Winnebago did not respond to the rusty storage door hinges, that the vibrating mirrors are working as designed and the dash A/C light is a Ford issue. I had it at a Ford dealer for an oil change and they said the chassis is sold without climate controls and it is a Winnebago issue. I'm going to call Winnie back on Monday. At least some progress has been made.

They also have inspected the roof seams and all are ok.