Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2020, 09:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Vinyl wrapped cabinet repair

Hi All,

We (err I) accidentally damaged one of our cabinet panels in a 2017 Navion. Unfortunately cabinet parts are only available for a couple of years according to my dealer.

Does anyone know what Winnebago uses for these cabinets? Wondering if I can find the material and get a cabinet shop to apply it?

thanks
tim
tbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Never tried it on a cabinet but there are times when we get better results by going straight to the Winnebago folks, rather than dealers who can be somewhat quick to write off repair questions.
Not at all sure I would take the first answer but look for more info as exact matching is a touch and go thing.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:03 AM   #3
Site Team

Is there a sticker on the back of the door with a part number? Most of our cabinets and accessories have labels someplace but not sure if that's something that gets taken off often by owners.
It sounds like thermofoil or melamine when you say vinyl wrapped, correct?
Old 04-21-2020, 10:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Morich- do you know how I can go straight to the Winnebago folks?

ThomB - I have a part number that I can get from the Winnebago parts site but the 2 places I asked about getting it said it wasn't available. And yeah, it could be thermofoil or melamine, I really don't know exactly what it is. It's like a hard plastic material maybe 1/64 thick.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Send an email to [email protected] with your Year/Make/Model and the WGO ID # (if available) and/or VIN number, and any other info that might help them identify your unit, and ask them your questions.

Which model and which cabinet?
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks! Sending email... It's a Navion 24v and it's the panel below the fridge.

Dumb question... how do I update my profile to show a signature with this info? I've looked at it a few times but don't see where to add it.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:24 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrady View Post

Dumb question... how do I update my profile to show a signature with this info? I've looked at it a few times but don't see where to add it.

Upper Left of the screen where it says User CP (for Control Panel) then there is an option for the signature.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrady View Post

Would another year have the same size/shape panel? Like maybe the 2016 or (mine) 2018)?
I have the Norcold DC0061 DC only 7 cu ft fridge/freezer in my 2018 24V.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:53 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

You may have to call Lichtsinn in Forest City and let their parts people help you figure out if you can get a new panel from Winnebago. You'll need the #s off your sticker by the driver's door. It might help if you can take a picture of the panel area with your cell phone and offer to text or email it to the parts person so they can locate the exact one you need on the CAD drawings they can pull up.

I was able to get a new exact fit panel for my 2015 Vista thru them for about $ 40. That said, mine was plywood covered in veneer and stained, not vinyl wrapped. Surprising that they used vinyl wrapped on a Navion given what they sell for.

So, Winnebago might custom build one in their cabinet shop, if they still use the same process to make panels.

Winnebago parts no longer talks to us owners, only to dealers. So, you'll have to go thru a dealer. Lichtsinn has a very capable parts department and they give the 10% discount for WIT members like Winnebago Direct Parts used to.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:48 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks all for the help. I tried looking at the 2018 parts diagram but it comes up with the same number. I did reach out to Winnebago directly and they gave me the contact info for the company they buy them from. I will probably try Lichtsinn first, then try the other company.

thanks again!
tim
Old 04-26-2020, 06:17 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

The 17 View/Navion cabinets were made in Italy for W. I had 2 replaced on warranty in our 17 View. Each cabinet has a number associated with it and that number is on a sticker on the inside. I was told that the doors could be special ordered using that specific door number.
Good Luck
Bob 17 View Reno
Bobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:47 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

We have a different model Winnebago, but our cabinet frames have vinyl wrapped around it to match the wood doors. We used an internet company that has vinyl sheets for sale. You can order samples to find your perfect match. If you send them a photo of the wood look you need, they will suggest the samples to try. https://www.rmwrapsstore.com/ The vinyl you end up with is 3 ft. by 3 ft. Plenty to cover lots of areas. It worked out well for us. Winnebago factory was useless for help.
lnkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:19 PM   #13
WinnieAdven38

Owning a 2005 Adventurer had a few spots where the vinyl thermofoil was peeling. But being a wood worker I found it was easier, and got a much nicer result, by simply duplicating the peeling parts in real cherry wood (happened to match the OE cabinet color). Results looks great and no longer have to worry about peeling vinyl. You should find that any good cabinet shop can easily copy what you need repaired with real wood.
HappiHenri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair