Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

View, Navion and Era Awning Recall 22V-695

I just received recall notice 22V-695 re:retractable awning. For 2020-2023 View, Navion and Era Motorhomes.
Is there a way to disable the awning to ensure that it does not open during travel. Can a fuse be removed to disconnect power to the awning will traveling?
Ejdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 01:54 PM   #2
'21 View 24J

Hi - Not sure what motorhome you have, but if it is a View / Navion - I do know of an easy way.

The circuit breaker for the awning is located in the CB panel in the outboard base of the passenger seat. When you open the passenger door you can see it plainly enough. The 15 amp awning breaker is on the second row. If you lift up the styrofoam dust cover under the seat, you’ll see the yellow power wire on the back of the CB. If you pull the spade connector off, you’ll disable the awning. There is a blank slot right above it on our ‘21 View, so it was easy enough to get at.

Cheers,
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 08:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Our 2022 Travato has the same recall. However, the Travato awning has a fuse rather than a breaker, which one can simply pull.

Winnebago recommends then wrapping the awning with ties or wire to hold it in place, although, since this is an electrical problem, cutting off the electricity should solve it until the problem is corrected.
ChrisTravato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 04:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I got my recall snail mail today for the awning on our 2021 24V. Has anyone had the recall completed?

Not looking forward to a dance with the dealer. Much rather just add a switch somewhere to cut power to the controller disabling the power.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 07:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Had a mobile RV service here to replace the city/fresh tank selector valve.
Talked to him about the recall on the awning. He called carefree and they Fed Ex'd the repair kit. Got it the next day, took about 45 minutes to install.

Carefree paid the mobile tech for the job.
Airboss68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 04:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I'm scheduled for the awing repair on Tuesday. I asked for a description of what work is to be preformed and received a copy of WB Campaign 169 that shows the work in detail. From my prospective this work is to inspect the awing motor housing and add support to the motor to strengthen the motor mounting. This is done by loosening the awing mounting and sliding the awing to the rear. This allows access to motor housing. They are also updating the Carefree controller firmware version to 3.1.3 or 3.1.4 depending on what controller you have.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 09:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Had awning recall done - It was a disaster

We have a 2020 Navion and scheduled the awning recall to be completed in early November before we headed south for over 4 months for the winter.

The authorizer Winnebago dealer installed the recall part but then they could not bring the awning back in. We were there all day for what should have been a 90 minute repair.

We were told we needed to replace an electrical part that needed to be ordered.
It was not available and the part was ordered by the repair dealer. Meanwhile we began out trip and worked with 2 additional dealers who forwarded the part to complete the repair. At the second dealer they installed the additional part but again the awning could not be brought back in. They told us they check and there would be an additional recall to correct the problems of the original recall. We are 2 1/2 months into our trip and still have no usable awning. I keep checking online and do not see an additional recall.

We wish we had never done the recall and suspect we will not have a working awning for quite some time and not until our trip is over.

Has anyone else had these problems. We are contemplating contacting the awning manufacturer Carefree of Colorado.
RLdaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 05:48 AM   #8
'21 View 24J

Hi - Great info, thanks for posting.

We have not done the recall yet to our '21 View; we are still just using the power to the circuit breaker as a safety switch.

Cheers,
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, recall, view