Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Via - Mercedez turbo diesel 3500 Sprinter check engine light

We'll I bought this Winnebago 2012 Via 25Q and on the check engine light comes on. I get a message the DEF fluid is low and I only have so many times to drive it. The warning about only so many times to drive it has went off since I added the fluid..

I put two gallons in and the light has not went off. I took it to a shop and of course they say the sensor is bad. They want $1,066 to fix it. The sensor is over $500.00 and they want 4 hours labor including the cost for Regeneration.

They said it could be covered under warranty so I called Stoops Freightliner and they stated that they would half to check the codes as well to see what caused it and it COULD be covered under warranty. The verified the cost on the part would be $580.

We wanted to take about a 200 mile trip Friday and are pressed for time. The first shop wants an inspection of $115 and $139.00 diagnostic fee.

Both shops can have it ready to go by Thursday.

I don't know who to believe are what to do.
Scorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Case of TMI

We’ll, I fixed the check engine light myself and saved $1100. The repair shop wasn’t honest. I told them about the light coming on because of the DEF and they assumed the sensor was bad and gave me a code.

On the way home I stopped at a church parking lot loosened the gas cap and amazingly the check engine light went off.

I should’ve not mentioned the DEF being low and the light still staying on. TMI. We’ll thankfully it went off and now I can visit the granddaughters on ou first trip.
Scorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, engine, light