Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-07-2020, 12:06 PM   #21
WinnieAdven38

For full timing in our 38' Class A we use a real shop vac. We got the smallest Craftsman available which still had the 2 1/2" hose. Fits nicely in one of our bays, and we love it because:
* Really strong suction. Necessary, as this is what a good vacuum cleaner is all about.
* Came with various adapters and extensions. We used the narrow adapter, along with the brush attachment the most. Brush in particular really good for cleaning blinds, cabinet faces, etc.
* Can also be used as a wet-dry vac. As with any wet-dry vac one has to remove the filter 1st, and then when done make sure to clean out and dry the motor assy and container before re-assembly. Had to do this once when we learned what our true grey tank capacity was and had a shower base overflow.
* Good for use as a blower. As with most vacs of this type one can install the hose onto the output side of the motor, creating a strong blower useful in cleaning leaves and debris from around the site and from under the RV. With the correct adapters to size it down can also use as an inflator for beach toys, air mattresses, etc..
* Large replaceable filter. I regularly knock dirt & dust off the filter to clean it, but when really used up after a few years I can still buy replacements (Craftsman Black Stripe). But this large filter is one of the reasons for it's strong suction as it allows a lot of air through.
* Less expensive than many of the rechargeable hand helds. Only spent about $65 on this when new.
* Great for other uses too. Nice to have available to vacuum our TOAD, and to clean up after projects where I may have created some sawdust, etc.
* Though 120v AC, easily powered from our inverter when boondocking.
* Really strong suction. Did I mention that? You will see in many comments here that poor suction is the reason why many are unhappy with their hand held. The whole point of a good vacuum is to have really good suction in order to do the best job.
* Have also heard that some with built-in vacuum systems find their suction weak, and they also have to deal with long hoses which are awkward to handle and store.

For us this small shop vac was the way to go. If we had to do over would get exactly the same thing due to its performance and versatility.
HappiHenri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Hover porta power commercial unit, around 130.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:38 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Like others said, Dyson is the way to go, like they say.....you get what you pay for.

We use our 2-year old Animal V8 in the RV now since we bought a V11 for our home. 2700 square and we can vacuum easily the whole house on one charge. We don't even own a regular vac anymore.

Retired "Quiet Professional". Lifetime HSUS and ASPCA member and supporter.
71_340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 11:12 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

The Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless (open box) just popped up on Woot for $200, act fast if you want one ($50 below current internet closeout price):

https://sellout.woot.com/offers/dyso...f=w_cnt_wp_0_4

Even though it's "open box" it's essentially going to be new.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:02 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Many posts on the Dyson. We use it as well. It works great for the coach and doubles as a quick pickup vacuum for the house.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:19 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Too much money for the Dyson. I replaced my second one with this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Works fine, has more features and is easy to clean. The parts are simply rinsed with water, not just the filter.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:48 AM   #27
2016 Itasca Sunova 35G

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Too much money for the Dyson. I replaced my second one with this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Works fine, has more features and is easy to clean. The parts are simply rinsed with water, not just the filter.
Right now you can get the Dyson V7 on Google shopping for $180 after the $150 discount and free shipping. Ends today though.
See here: http://tiny.cc/Dyson_V7

I'd jump on this, but still waiting for the replacement power head from Shark to see if what I have will have better suction with the new head.
spydorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

miele naturale - worth every penny.