Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2015, 09:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Utube video-Schwintek lube

Lippert has a YOUTUBE video showing how to lube the Schwintek system on Winnebago motorhomes. It is a big help.
go to YouTube and type in Schwintek Winnebago and a bunch of videos will be available including one with instructions on how to lube the coupler and Gibbs.
2 minutes and 17 seconds of video that is very helpful
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Great info! THANKS , Don in Tucson
dbaer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Watched the video, bought the required lubricant and lubed my two Schwintek slides earlier this week. Very easy job and no mess.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

For those not inclined to search.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

In the video he shows lubricating from the outside with the slide out. He then says do the same on the inside. He does not say whether the slide needs to be retracted to do it on the inside. Am I correct in assuming it would need to be retracted to access it on the inside?

He also does not mention that there are three other tracks for each side (two on top & two on the bottom). Are you supposed to lubricate each of those in the same way on the inside & out?

He also does not say how often to lubricate. I have heard conflicting info on this. Anyone know what Schwintek currently recommends?
Cass Sumrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I've lubed the gibbs once so far. I lubed the from inside first with the slides closed, then extended the slides and lubed from the outside. I too wonder how often this should be done?
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

You have answered one of my questions about access on inside & outside.

I am not clear whether it should be done on both the top & bottom tracks on both sides.

I have read conflicting information about how often from not at all to dry lube only to once a month with the CRC Power Lube with PTFE. My dealer said once a year is enough. I really don't think anyone knows - its a guessing game.
Cass Sumrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:23 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I just lubes the upper rack, as the motors are located at the top racks.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:44 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Schwintek lube

On our Meridian 34B I could tell it was time to lube when the snap crackle pop sounds started to get worse on the drivers side- the long slide was the worst offender. We have recently traded the 34B for a longer motorhome and fortunately the long slide mechanism is power gear and not Schwintek.
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote