Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Cool Unknown Wall Switch - what is it for?

We've been going thru our new-to-us 32V Adventurer and one of the things we haven't figured out yet is what one of wall switches is for. It is located in the bathroom on the wall as you enter the bedroom. Above this swith are two switches for local overhead lights. Along with this switch in the same "cover plate" is a blank. Based on that, there must be some option which wasn't a part of our RV. Despite all that......I have a switch that doesn't seem to control anything. Any ideas?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

According the the Body, 12V Wiring Installation diagram for your coach it's a switch for the FAN (see detail BD on page 3 of the pdf).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

2002 Adventurer manual isn't online, but the 2003 shows it as being for an optional powered roof vent.

On/off switch on the right, with the blank area on the left where the control would be to raise/lower the vent hood.

emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Believe it or not I have a print of all the dwgs but simply not with me. Didn't mean for y'all to look the dwgs up online. I was hoping someone just knew from experience. But.....big thanks for look at the dwgs and I'll check out switch and fan now.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
I have the powerd roof vent off that switch. Do you have the same vent?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Could it possibly be a water pump switch??

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossilhog View Post
I have the powerd roof vent off that switch. Do you have the same vent?
I have a Fantastic fan installed and the drawings do show this for that fan. However, it seems to do nothing as far as the fan. How does yours work with the fan?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2002 Adventurer 35U and that switch controls the fan above but....there is also a switch on the fan itself and this must also be on.
jdefant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefant View Post
I have a 2002 Adventurer 35U and that switch controls the fan above but....there is also a switch on the fan itself and this must also be on.
If the switch is 'on' on the fan itself, how does the wall switch control the fan?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:53 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlapml View Post
If the switch is 'on' on the fan itself, how does the wall switch control the fan?
on mine, i have to push the powered roof vent door actuator knob up to ''auto'' position.
then, with the electric rocker and speed switches on, the wall switch will open the powered roof vent door and the pin switch in the door jamb will turn the fan motor on. when the vent door is fully open, the current draw shuts off the powered vent door motor actuator, the same in reverse when the wall switch is turned off.
turning the wall switch off will close the powered vent roof door and when it actuates the pin switch, the fan motor will shut off.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

For a power roof vent only, check the fan itself. Mine have a visible "on-off" switch located in the fan housing, you can see this by looking up at the fan. If this switch is "off" the fan does not work.

The extra rocker switch on the wall is for a power roof fan.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I'm beginning to wonder if I have a problem with the power roof vent b/c mine doesn't seem to be functioning in any way.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlapml View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if I have a problem with the power roof vent b/c mine doesn't seem to be functioning in any way.
on my moho, there is a 12v circuit breaker on the house panel above my microwave oven. it is the lower left cb. there is a small fuse on the face plate of the fan. take it out of the holder and check it for continuity.
if the fuse and cb are ok,
call fantastic fans at 800.521.0298. they will help you trouble shoot the fan and send you the necessary parts at no cost to you.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
on my moho, there is a 12v circuit breaker on the house panel above my microwave oven. it is the lower left cb. there is a small fuse on the face plate of the fan. take it out of the holder and check it for continuity.
if the fuse and cb are ok,
call fantastic fans at 800.521.0298. they will help you trouble shoot the fan and send you the necessary parts at no cost to you.
The fan actually runs well via the controls in the fan houseing. It's the switch that seems to have no control function.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Check here on page 111

Operators Manual
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Page 111
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post
Page 111
Click on this link

Operator Manual

wait until it loads, may take a minute or more depending on your connection speed. You will see the first page of the Operator Manual. In the task bar with the printer at the left end, you will see a "page window" with a 1 in it, to the right you will see /138. 138 is the last page of the manual. Either use the blue down arrow to the left of the page window or the scroll bar on the right. Click on the arrow or drag the scroll bar until you see 111 in the page window. On the right hand side of the page you will see a picture of the switch with operating instructions.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRoadie
Maybe too simple...but do you have a floor mini light there ? Our 33v has this safety light for preventing night toes from unexpected contact with sharp edges... lol

Wait till dark, turn switch on/off, and assuming the bulb isnt burnt that may be the mystery solved.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaRoadie View Post
Maybe too simple...but do you have a floor mini light there ? Our 33v has this safety light for preventing night toes from unexpected contact with sharp edges... lol

Wait till dark, turn switch on/off, and assuming the bulb isnt burnt that may be the mystery solved.
Yep, we've got the night light but it's on another switch. I've looked at the manual and drawings and thought it had to be for the Fantastic fan. But.....doesn't seem to do a thing.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Pull the switch out of the wall and see if there are any wires connected to it, if there are, then check the wires for voltage going in and out of the switch.
Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote