Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-28-2022, 01:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Ultimate Freedom Slideout Question

Trying to find out how to manually retract a slideout on my 04 Ultimate Freedom.

User literature is no help at all. Does not appear to be my MH.

Anyone have a source for a detailed description of the procedure?

Thank you.
Old 08-28-2022, 06:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Congratulation of owning one of the 482 Ultimates ever built, both Ultimate Advantage and Ultimate Freedom. This was a limited producton of luxury MH's built special for Winnebago's highest selling dealers only.
The HWH hydraulic slide mechanism does have a manual retraction procedure. Your MH should have came with a hand winch, a nylon strap to go between winch and an attachment point near the center of the slide room wall.

The furnace return air grate is removed the winch has a flat hook and strap to hook into the grate opening. Then the nylon strap previously mentioned hooks to the hand-crank winch.
The T-handle on the slide room hydraulic manifold solenoid is opened about 3 turns, then the room is winched in very slowly to allow time for the oil to return to the hyd. reservoir.
That is the procedure for my 2000 UF. You may download the instructions from HWH website.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 04:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

What I described is the procedure for my single slide, living/kitchen slide.

I didn't post the correct HWH link for emergency room retraction, it is: EMERGENCYRETRACT & TOWING INFORMATION(Jacks & Slide-Outs) – HWH® Corporation
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-29-2022, 09:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I'm getting old; I did not correctly describe my slide room retraction procedure, sorry..
This is the HWH pdf describing my model emergency manual room retract.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:21 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

This might be useful too: https://www.hwhcorp.com/flow3.html
Old 08-29-2022, 11:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I just located the HWH service manual for the 310/610 series.
Man, it would be very convenient to have more time allowed for editing so new replies are not required.
Old 08-29-2022, 07:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much for the information. I am glad I am not the only one with this MH.

I will see if I can go through all the procedures
Old 08-30-2022, 07:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

About 8-10 of us members of irv2.com own W Ultimates. Best of luck!.

Tags
slide, slideout