Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2021, 05:07 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Ugh - fogging side windows!

Hi all, I now have three of my side fixed windows which are fogging. It's happened one at a time over the last couple of years. For now I can see through them, they just appear to be dirty. I'd like to resolve it and have several questions:

1. I assume they are double pane and the seal has broken.Correct?
2. Does anyone know if they can be removed and repaired? If so, where/who?
3. If not, can they be purchased and replaced and then degree of difficulty in doing so?
4. Wonder why the fixed and not the sliders?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
the fogging is usually caused by broken seals on double pane windows. you can check locally but when we has the same problem about 10-yrs ago none of the local auto or home glass shops would agree to even look at the MH much less repair the windows. our local RV shop quoted $3000 to remove and replace the windows. after an intensive online search we found Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL. the removed, cleaned, polished, re-sealed and re-installed 7-windows for just under $1000.

at the time Suncoast Deaigners was the only shop doing thess repairs. there are now several shops around the country doing this work. an internet search will find a shop closest to you.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:19 PM   #3
Proud “No Intent” Owner

“Wonder why the fixed and not the sliders?”

Remember, these coaches flex quite a bit going down the road. A fixed window is stuck in its frame and after enough flexing the seal is the weak link. The sliding windows take on less stress, as it’s less ridged mount allows it some space to move, which is probably why, for now at least, they’re still fine. That, is my best guess...
Old 01-23-2021, 06:30 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

OP here. As it turns out, the day after I made my post, the RV next door had several of his windows replaced by a local company whose business is based on this very thing. We are currently in Flagler Beach Florida.

I likely will call them and have them stop over and do one or two to see how it goes. I believe I heard them quote him $120 for a side window and $150 for side door window.

The company name is: Auto Glass Boss and the number I have is 844-324-2677.

Since I have NO experience with them, this is not a recommendation but information only. I'll let everyone know what happens.

Tags
window