Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2021, 10:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Truma Error Code 212H

Hi-

When I went to de-winterize our 2018 Era today, I ran into an issue with the fancy Truma hot water/furnace. I used the control panel to turn it on (using gas) and it throws error code 212H. I tried resetting and it comes back each time. I can hear the system trying to start up (some sort for fan noise and some relay-like clicking). The little red LED on the actual Truma unit itself also comes on flashing...

It worked fine last fall. The last thing I did before winterizing was to take it to have the LP tank filled. I also noticed today that I had a hard time starting the propane stove, and that the burners would sometime go out. So I'm wondering what's going on here. Is there a possibility that I somehow got "bad propane"? Or that a lot of air got introduced into the LP tank? I did try opening the bleeder/overflow valve on the tank for a few seconds and got a steady mist of LP out.

Anybody else run into this?

Thanks,

-dm
KitsapEra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 08:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Check that the main propane valve is open all the way. Some refill places leave them closed or partially closed after refilling. What do the flashing LED codes say is the problem? The flash count/speed codes should be in the Truma manual under troubleshooting.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 11:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Ours has the Truma control panel where it displays error codes, as I said it is showing 212H, which from what I found online does tend to indicate some issue with the LP supply.

I'm hoping it is something wrong with the last LP fill - either the quality of the LP (too much propane) or something else. The question is, is there a way to offload the 9 gallons in the tank short of using the stove to burn it all off (which would probably take several days and is not very environmental).

-dm
KitsapEra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 11:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

It could be that the tank's runaway propane plug is/has partially engaged. It's a plug that's supposed to stop the flow of propane if it suddenly detects excess flow, caused by a failed hose/fitting or valve. It's a physical part (ball?) inside the tank. Sometimes tapping the tank gently with a hammer near where the fill and supply hoses exit, will free it up, but another method would be to take your van for a spin on a bumpy road, and see if that helps jar it back into the disengaged position.
Sorry, just a guess.

EDIT: Also try turning off the main propane valve before you go for a drive, or tap it with a hammer, and then open it very slowly afterwards. The object of the game is to keep the runaway plug from engaging, due to it sensing excess propane flow.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote