Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2021, 07:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Trik-L-Start in Itasca Spirit 2006

So I've read every post I can find on here regarding how and where to install the Trik-L-Start I have, but haven't found one specific to my unit. I do have the electrical wiring diagram for my rig, but it's like trying to read Greek. I have gathered that the easiest way to do this install (I think, lol) is by connecting to the battery boost solenoid since both the chassis and house batteries connect to that.

My question is where can I locate that in my specific rig?

2006 Itasca Spirit 332G

Thanks in advance for helping
rvajeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The Battery Boost and Battery Disconnect solenoids are located in the Chassis Electrical Box Assembly. Page 2 of he Chassis Wiring Installation for your coach shows that the Chassis Electrical Box Assembly is located on the right hand side, forward of the batteries, presumably inside the compartment forward of the entry door.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Ahhhhh I know there they mean now. Its actually in an exterior storage compartment below where the dinette sits. It never occurred to me that the chassis electrical box would be back in the actual coach part. I just assumed it would be in the cab somewhere.

Thanks, Ill look at it tomorrow !
Old 08-23-2021, 09:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

One more question if I may...attached is a photo that shows the solenoid I think I need to connect the Trik-L-Start to. I have labelled it based on the diagram you provided from Winnebago. Can you confirm that in your opinion I have labelled it properly as far as you're concerned? And does it appear that that front wire is a ground wire? Can't tell from the diagram....thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1990.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	324.1 KB
ID:	180618  
Old 08-23-2021, 02:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvajeff View Post
One more question if I may...attached is a photo that shows the solenoid I think I need to connect the Trik-L-Start to. I have labelled it based on the diagram you provided from Winnebago. Can you confirm that in your opinion I have labelled it properly as far as you're concerned? And does it appear that that front wire is a ground wire? Can't tell from the diagram....thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it.
Yes, you appear to have correctly labelled the big red wires on either side of the solenoid, CHASSIS BATTERY on the left and COACH BATTERY on the right.

The front wire should be labelled LR and is the activation wire for the solenoid. The ground side of that circuit is provided by the case and mounting screws of the solenoid. In general all of Winnebago's 12V wiring (other than the big battery cables) should be labelled every few inches and you can look up the labels in the Wiring Identification Guide.

I've attached Winnebago's Service Tip on installing the Trik-L-Start below. It's specifically addressed to the diesel pushers, but the same information should be valid for you as well. If you elect to connect the Trik-L-Start to the COACH BATTERY on the far side of the Battery Disconnect Solenoid (as Winnebago indicates) that will mean it will be disabled if the Coach battery disconnect solenoid disconnects the coach battery. It's your call on whether you prefer that to happen or not.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2006-04 Trik-L-Start.pdf (125.0 KB, 79 views)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks again Chris for all the help. I think I've got it now!

Tags
itasca