Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2019, 09:07 PM   #21
harvform

We also use Eeztire TPMS. On the Motorhome, I have the flow-through sensors. On the tow dolly and rear wheels of the toad, I have the anti-theft sensors but I also took off the covers. We have 10 sensors in all and they all work fine. I wait about 5 minutes before I take off to get all of the sensors working and to make sure the pressure is okay on each tire. With this system, you can set each axle with both high and low pressures and temperatures.
harvform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:20 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Eagle View Post
Have been looking at that system also need 10tires. do you have flow thru caps? If so how do you get them did not see them in their add for the 10 tires.
I also would not leave on a trip with out our Eeztire TPM, However, I recommend NOT using the flow through caps. They are much longer and therefore can hit things. Also, once tire pressure is set, you will seldom need the flow trhough feature. Third, the LITTLE set screw is a pain in the butt. The lock nut is easier to manage. Here is the secret. While you are getting every thing set and to your satisfaction you may want to obsess over the exact amount of air in each tire and therefore you will be removing the caps and putting air in. YOU do that now, right? You remove the cap to put air in. Except you say, with the Eeztire TPM, I will have to unlock and lock. No you don't. While you are setting up, simply screw the cap on tightly/securely, the same as you would any other tire stem cap. Don't lock them until you have every thing just so. Once set, you will not be putting air in unless some thing goes wrong. Then it is only one tire. Leave the locks off until you are totally set the way you want, then put the locks on. One more tip. Make sure you keep a copy of the programing instructions where you know where they are. a year or two down the line, you will have to reprogram for one reason or another. Dead battery, replace one, etc. I have broken one of the long flow troughs, but not the shorter ones yet. One last point. It does take a few minutes for the screen to show all the tires and their information. temp and pressure. However, Even though no information was on the screen one day, starting out and barely having moved, the Eeztire TPM started screaming. One of my tires had dropped significant pressure while parked for our stay. It warned me well before any thing showed on the screen. In fact, we had only gone a few feet. I HIGHLY recommend these. That was not the only time it saved me. Which ever manufacturer you end up with, They are Worth every penny. I forgot to mention. You WILL need the extender! It just makes every thing work more reliably. May be on a four wheeler you won't.
shippwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:06 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

I had a popular system in 2009 that failed me miserably, although the customer service was great. Their system has changed so likely better now.

Since 2010 I have use the Tire Traker system with 10 sensors. It has warned me of low tires on startup, and of a sidewall puncture while underway. One plus of the Tire Traker system to me is the smaller sensors that weigh a bit less than other brands. I use them on rubber stems on my toad with no problems. The sensors have replaceable batteries, and I have had only one failed sensor in the past 9 years. Their new system comes with a life-time warranty! Hard to beat that.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:35 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

TPMS is a MUST have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
A year ago I bought a TST 507 TPMS from TechnoRV. A good unit which gave much peace of mind during a long trip. The non-flow through sensors were a bit of a pain during initial air-up because you have to dismount the sensor each time you need to add or remove pressure to get it to where it should be.

It had an LCD display which functioned well but tended to be a bit hard to see in direct sunlight.

Upon return from that trip I decided to upgrade to a newer model with flow-through sensors and a color display. Much better in all respects.

If anyone gets grumpy about such things, I have no affiliation with TechnoRV except to buy some of their products.

By the way with a TPMS you don't have to keep one eye on the road and the other on the display. You set high/low perimeters on the temperature and pressure and a loud alarm will sound if any are exceeded. For example, just before our current trip I was tightening a valve stem extension and managed to twist it off. A second after the air started escaping the broken stem the TPMS low pressure alarm went off. Works as advertised!!!
We also bought a TPMS from TechnoRV. https://www.technorv.com/monitoring-your-tires Our used DP came with a Tire Minder TMG400C. It worked ok, but I had intermittent issues that made me question it. I also wanted a bigger display. I did a LOT of research, there are some great reviews of TPMS and experiences of Tire problems on YouTube. TechnoRV has a great series and their support is top notch. Though you might find one a little cheaper, the support and information is top-notch and invaluable, especially on how to set the correct tire pressure in your tires. I am not affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer. I ended up purchasing the TST 507 with flow through sensors for the six tires on my coach and four cap sensors for my toad. A, very pleased with the results.
Magnum108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:25 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

I have relied on the TPMS from Truck System Technologies for as long as they have been in business. Great customer service. I upgraded to the 507 Flo Thru System and the color monitor a couple years ago and am happy with it. Plus, they are one of the sponsors on IRV2.com.

https://tsttruck.com

Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Eagle View Post
What tire monitoring system do you use and how do you like it or hate it. Do they work?

yes most work as advertised, but not sure if i would trust any system with 4 or more sensors that cost less than $275.

i have seen some non-programable ones wiyh60 psi max for$100 or less but not sure if i would trust them.

personally I use tire trakeras i like their lifetime warranty. that's what i bought.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:08 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
A year ago I bought a TST 507 TPMS from TechnoRV. A good unit which gave much peace of mind during a long trip. The non-flow through sensors were a bit of a pain during initial air-up because you have to dismount the sensor each time you need to add or remove pressure to get it to where it should be.

It had an LCD display which functioned well but tended to be a bit hard to see in direct sunlight.

Upon return from that trip I decided to upgrade to a newer model with flow-through sensors and a color display. Much better in all respects.

If anyone gets grumpy about such things, I have no affiliation with TechnoRV except to buy some of their products.

By the way with a TPMS you don't have to keep one eye on the road and the other on the display. You set high/low perimeters on the temperature and pressure and a loud alarm will sound if any are exceeded. For example, just before our current trip I was tightening a valve stem extension and managed to twist it off. A second after the air started escaping the broken stem the TPMS low pressure alarm went off. Works as advertised!!!

Suggest you not use your TPM as your primary pressure gauge.

Inflate your tires using hand gauge to set the cold pressure then screw on the TPMS. Readings will be +/- couple of psi from your hand gauge which is good enough. Flow thru are heavier and IMO would require metal stems.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:54 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Suggest you not use your TPM as your primary pressure gauge.

Inflate your tires using hand gauge to set the cold pressure then screw on the TPMS. Readings will be +/- couple of psi from your hand gauge which is good enough. Flow thru are heavier and IMO would require metal stems.

I did go through several tire pressure gauges until I found one I considered most accurate to do the initial pressure checks.

And I certainly agree about the metal valve stems. I wouldn't for a second consider mounting one of those sensors on a rubber stem. Although the sensors don't weigh but a couple ounces, they'd probably flail around on rubber stems and eventually break off.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:06 AM   #29
Winnie-Wise

Finally gave up on our Tire Safeguard system today. It gave up the ghost after 2 years. Never could get it to work again and could only get a few sensors working- even with all new batteries. Talked to the company rep and did what he said, started to work somewhat then quit again. After driving cross country trying to get it working again and going through all sorts of reset processes its going in the garbage today. Installing a new Bellacorp system Friday. Fingers crossed and hope it works.

Tired of spending several hundred $$$ every couple of years buying these things but just can't live without them.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:52 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Too bad you didn't buy a TPMS that comes with lifetime warranty. But sometimes we have to live with the products that seem the best at the time.

Tags
ems