Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-03-2023, 04:56 PM   #41
Winnebago Master

OK, I have an update. I am on my first trip of the year. Our first stop was a State Park with Electric only. In preparation for this trip and de-winterizing/sanitizing the Journey, I had noticed better response from the factory sensors.

During our stay at the state park I saw what I would classify as normal readings from the sensors. When we left the state park and headed to our next destination, with full hookups the black tank and grey tank were both showing 1/3 full, this included one dish washing event.

I decided to not hook up water, or sewer at the second park, till needed. As of this writing we have been unconnected to sewer and water for 5 nights and the levels are Black 1/3, grey 2/3, and fresh water 2/3, which is about right mathematically, and includes a second dish washing event.

I plan to try to get another night out of the black and grey tank, but have connected to the sewer just in case I need a quick dump.

As I said before, no smoking gun regarding the sensor board, I did re solder a couple suspect solder joints but really didn't think they were bad. The other thing is that in order to remove the board I had to disconnect all the connectors, and of course re-connect them when the board was re-installed. Perhaps that action cleaned 16 years of light corrosion and allowed a better path for the signals to reach the board.

I will update this post at the end of this trio and let you know how the sensors ended up working.
Old 05-03-2023, 09:53 PM   #42
Winnebago Master

Interesting conversation for sure. One thing not mentioned is the resistors on the back-side of the readout panel. They supposedly can be adjusted to correct the read-out accuracy. I haven't tried it though.
If the 12V ground circuit is not tested and addressed, one missed ½ the problem solving.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:32 PM   #43
Winnebago Master

I am not even sure how I would know the accuracy, I guess I could start with empty and fill with measures amounts of water, or use a water meter to fill. As for the 12 v measurement, I should go back through the narrative to take those measurements,

I was convinced that my main problem was struvite on the sides of the tank walls, and have someone scheduled to pressure clean my tanks, but I am encouraged that the sensors are at least moving in the right direction now.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:55 PM   #44
Winnebago Master

FWIW, Amazon sells an adapter for a high-pressure wand to pressure wash the interior of a tank.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank