Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Surprise from HWH

I recently called HWH with a question for their tech support. I know usually they are busy and I either stay on hold for a while or I have them call back which they have done maybe in an hour or so later but usually the same day. I was surprised when the person on the tech support line advised me that I could leave my number and someone will call me back in 5-6 weeks. I asked her if I heard her correctly she yes in 5-6 weeks we are busy and only have 2 techs. I asked if they were going out of business and I told her to forget it,,,she then hung up. Has anyone had this treatment recently.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Yikes, if I had HWH products time to worry. Sounds like they are running out of diesel! Hope not, lots of folks out there in RV land with their product. Really 5 or 6 weeks?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

YUP--think they are holding on by a thread.....understand they are still providing acceptable service if you make the trip to Moscow but dont expect anything over the phone....so like, what else is there to do in a corn field, in Iowa?
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Try calling these people:
HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services
They sell parts and can help...
Old 10-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #5

Heck their tech support for dealers has not been much better in many years. I have had them call me back several days after the customer gave up and left or we fixed it without their help. Thank God nothing we currently sell uses any of their stuff they have been circling the drain for many years. The sad part is they make a very good product but for years priced themselves out of many markets and now they can't get back in.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

That is sad to hear. I certainly hope they stay in business. My coach, and many others like it have their air leveling system which is not a simple gizmo.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Its been that way for years and is not going to change any time soon.

That's what HWH says about their tech support.

They are not going under, people had this same complaint 4 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
Its been that way for years and is not going to change any time soon.

That's what HWH says about their tech support.

They are not going under, people had this same complaint 4 years.
It does appear that many/most of the motorhome builders are using Lippert stuff on their coaches now so that must have a negative impact on HWH business. However, since they are in the middle of America's bread basket, perhaps the agricultural industry keeps them going.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:17 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

This is sad. I had two great visits to their factory for repairs in 2002 and 2004. They gave me an electric overnight site and took us to lunch. I was out of warranty in 04 and wasn't charged for repairs.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We spent 3 days living in the factory (having air leveling added), it was operating 24 hours a day. They also make all their parts in house, everything but the air compressor and hydraulic pump.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

We also were at HWH 3 times on different issues. Twice just for check ups since we were in the area anyway. On site work is terrific. Never called them for help except to make appointments. They are a very busy place though. Hope they stay around.
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Happened to me. Took 3 weeks for a question and then decided to take it to Moscow-been there before. I'll need to make an appointment about a month in advance. Might try emailing, I've had good response from Joe Portello with parts questions.
Rich
Old 10-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Earlier this year I had a bedroom slide problem, called them and left a message. A tech called the next day (maybe it was the same day) and we discussed the problem. An hour after the conversation he emailed a drawing (couldn't spell skamatic and still can't) that showed the system and I was able to resolve the problem. The HWH responses might just depend on how busy they are, who knows, but right now I'm a satisfied customer (but won't be if I run into the same response asthe OP)
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
... (couldn't spell skamatic and still can't) ...
s c h e m a t i c
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

A few years ago I had a front blowout that took out all my HWH wiring in the fender well. Their support then was fantastic and for less than 200 I was able to replace the chewed up harnesses. Just can't understand what happened to them.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

my name is paul maddox.i live in paulden arizona.
i work for hwh as a technical sales rep. i do repairs on problem coaches all the time.
i also do training for manufacturers on first time installations. i do dealer training all the time. if you need diagnostic help, my cell number is 1-602-549-3638.
its on all the time. i return calls the same day. even if you have to leave a message. i travel a lot so sometimes you may have to leave a message.
before you call, please download a service manual so we can go over the diagnosis and the repair. the manual makes it a lot easier for both of us.
if you need help identifying your system please call anyway.
i post my number on here all the time, and get surprisingly few calls.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:05 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
i work for hwh as a technical sales rep. i do repairs on problem coaches all the time.
i also do training for manufacturers on first time installations. i do dealer training all the time. if you need diagnostic help, my cell number is 1-602-549-3638.
its on all the time. i return calls the same day. even if you have to leave a message. i travel a lot so sometimes you may have to leave a message.
before you call, please download a service manual so we can go over the diagnosis and the repair. the manual makes it a lot easier for both of us.
if you need help identifying your system please call anyway.
i post my number on here all the time, and get surprisingly few calls.
Paul, Now that is what I was talking about when I said fantastic service. I will keep your number. I may write a troubleshooting blog on my 210 system to help people out. It will take a little while, maybe a few weeks. I will pm you if I get it done and ask to review it.
tom
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 10-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
Ditto that. I have your number and will call if/when we have a problem. THANKS!
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Apologies upfront for the length of this post but it is a kind of a long story. In late August I contacted Camping World (CW) in Hendersonville, NC ( Near Asheville) to have my HWH leveling system, in particular the springs and jack feet repaired. Together we called HWH and ordered the parts.
Come repair day, you got it no parts. I of course blamed CW but while having some other planned work done I called HWH. The lady who answered the phone tried to brush me off. When I asked for a supervisor she told me none were available, I then asked to speak to the president or CEO. She then told me how they were a very small company and that no one was available to speak with me. After I proceeded to tell her that there were not a very small company blah, blah, blah she transferred me to what I believe was a sales manager. As I started to tell him my tale of woe he stopped me and told me that he knew actually where my parts were. They had been accidentally shipped to CW in Henderson NV. He offered to ship them overnight but I explained that I need to be on the road that day.
Moral or maybe a couple of them. !, Be persistent with HWH as the lady who takes the incoming calls will do all she can to put you off. 2. It's not always CW's fault, although I do feel that they should have followed up on where the order was. I did try by HWH couldn't track under my name and I did not have CW PO number.
I commend the HWH sales manager for his honesty and not giving me some BS story.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

You can get feet and springs from ebay. Next time just go with them. They are listed by HWH part numbers.

HWH has a lot of info on their website including shop manuals and parts list. Check ebay first with the HWH part number.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors

Tags
hwh